“Staff very warm and welcoming”
Review of Park Hyatt Chennai

Park Hyatt Chennai
Ranked #9 of 437 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 11 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
ArunPannerselvam, Front Office Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night.
It's like a palace.
Hotel interior is awesome
Inside this hotel it's look like a shopping mall
Rooms are spacious,luxury, and clean.
Staff are friendly.
Nice place to stay
Star hotel though provide you all luxury ameneties.
We enjoyed a stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
ArunPannerselvam, Front Office Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Samueljebaraj24

Thank you for posting a wonderful review about your experience at Park Hyatt Chennai. We are delighted to learn that the boutique residential design of hotel appealed to you and enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our teams are extremely dedicated to guest’s satisfaction and feedback such as yours goes a long way in keeping their efforts focussed towards a superior level of service and product offering.

The team and I look forward to your early return to Park Hyatt Chennai.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

We stayed there for 4 nights from 5th to 8th Dec. After a long Temple tour (a bit on the rush) this was the ideal place for us to relax and enjoy the sauna, gymn and steam room. The common spaces are quite spacious and exquisitely decorated.
We had a very clean and comfortable room quite spacious with splendid view. Modern bathroom with tub and shower. Room equipped with both coffee machine and kettle. Mr Sattya the concierge was very helpful and made sure we were comfortable. Housekeeping always on time and efficient. Room service excellent though a bit expensive. we had a large choice at the Buffet breakfast both veg and non veg. with tasty pastries, variety of cheese and breads. On top of that Mr Ratkim the Manager was always " au petits soins", attending to every table.He is very passionate with his job, ensuring quality and timely service, always inspiring his staff.
As our flight was at night we were given a late checkout at 6.00 pm.
Airport is easily accessible. A special mention for the Front Office Staff and their Manager Mr Arun P. We appreciated the strict security service at gate and entrance.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Radhaletchmee P

Thank you for sharing your experience of this recent visit with us at Park Hyatt Chennai on TripAdvisor.

Our heartfelt gratitude for your kind acknowledgement on several positive elements at the hotel. Your detailed comment about the comfort of the room & service rendered by our colleagues is heart-warming. Your comments reflect the genuine essence of Park Hyatt - a truly personalized residence, which we strive to achieve.

The team and I take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of having you return to Park Hyatt Chennai.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

If politeness and nicety are what hospitality is measured on, I would easily give these guys a 5 star review. The staff truly are attentive and everything you ask for is followed by a “certainly sir” or “certainly ma'am”... as to whether what you asked for actually is executed on is a 'roulette wheel' in actuality. If you are staying a day or two, you're probably going to be fine.

Another highlight is the soundproofing. They did a good job with the windows... you can't actually hear the blaring horns, which in India is practically a miracle!

To cut straight to the chase… What this hotel needs is a quality/process engineering team to review each and every aspect of the hotel's processes... I mean EVERYTHING! Maybe a fulltime Lean-SixSigma expert… because NOTHING is consistent. I stayed here for 7 nights with my significant other, through New Years of 2018; and this length of stay occasionally frustrated us at the inconsistencies. Each day, we would find new issues post room servicing. Initially we thought it was funny but eventually it was just downright silly and we stopped calling housekeeping because it wasn’t even worth the time wasted. Either we would have towels not replaced, or a teaspoon not replaced, one of the two robes was never replaced (for the entire stay) after leaving on the bathroom floor to replace on the second day, water bottles would be replaced in some random manner sometimes also in the fridge and sometimes not… sometimes 2, 4 or 6. Don’t even get me started on the sugar packets… a total pet-peeve. I truly think that this hotel has a shortage of towels because one afternoon we were told that the towels would be replaced only after 4:30pm which I assume is when laundry is done?! I felt like I had to micromanage my room everyday to get the same experience. The attention to detail is atrocious!

This inconsistency extends rather maddeningly into dining (both restaurant and in-room) as well. We mostly ordered room service and some days we got a kadai full of sambar with a single order of idlies and other times, we would get a miserly katori-worth. Sometimes with a full set of silverware and cloth napkins; yet sometimes just a couple of serving spoons. Sometimes, you’d be lucky enough to get a salt and pepper but mostly you were SOL. Since we had prepaid for our room, we wanted to cash out for each meal so we didn’t have to settle a bill at the end… so for the first few times we ordered room service, we would tell the person we call, “Please send the AMEX machine so we can pay with a credit card”… to which the response would be “Certainly sir!”. Lo and behold, the poor staff delivering the food is clueless on every occasion and then has to trek down to get it; and we didn’t know when he was going to come… so we would start eating and then the bell would ring… if we waited, the food would get cold. Honestly, after 2-3 times, we just started to put it on the room.

Hospitality is hard, I get it. That, said, I’ve done the Chennai routine before and usually at another hotel but I wanted to give this one a whirl. I travel for business over 180 days a year and I guess that could make me a bit of a hotel snob… but really all I am looking for is predictable comfort and service. I don’t really look for opulence and I was expecting an efficient business class hotel experience on my first stay at the Park Hyatt Chennai; and I was a little disappointed. Normally, when you’re around for a week, you either get to meet or run into the Hotel Manager… which never happened, so I didn’t have the opportunity to casually provide this feedback.

Room Tip: High floors on the even side will give you a good view of the city
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ben N

Firstly, let me apologize for the poor impression we have made on you with your stay experience, this is certainly not the impression we would like to pass on to our guests. Though we may have failed this time, I can assure you that we are concerned about your feedback and will work on improving our level of services especially with the Housekeeping Team.

I have personally looked into your feedback and the experience you encountered on both counts. I have taken the liberty of sharing your observations during your stay with our team for further review and trainings. Please be assured that the team has learnt from this feedback and taken your comments positively and working towards attentive service.

Mr Ben, I do look forward to the opportunity to be able to demonstrate that we are capable of much better service and win your faith and trust in us.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Excellent stay. Good food in the restaurant and Tommay the waiter took excellent care of us. The fee to upgrade to a suite is well worth it and the views are exceptional. Very close to airport too. Check out the pool and gym too

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear David R

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit to Park Hyatt Chennai on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to know you had an comfortable stay at the suite and the level of service met your expectations. My sincere gratitude’s for your compliment for Mr. Tanmoy who is thrilled to note your acknowledgement about his efforts. It is our sincere endeavour to strive towards excellence that reflect the true Park Hyatt service to our discerning guests and comments like yours become a source of inspiration for us.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we all look forward to your return to Park Hyatt Chennai.