“Its not "bussiness class" but truely its "3rd class" hotel”

Hotel Pearl International
Ranked #92 of 388 Hotels in Chennai
Mumbai, India
“Its not "bussiness class" but truely its "3rd class" hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Rooms are good but one has to stay full day and night with mosqutoies where neither mosqutoie repeller works'nor a good night advanced works. Mine was room no.202 checked in on 29th july 2012 n checked out on next day because of mosquitoes and staff is least bothered about WiFi. signal strength was very very very poor means not of use.
Room service also very poor i ordered a tea at 09:45 and i received at 11:00 that also calling them quite many times as if they are giving at free of cost
I requested them to give good night advanced at 07:00pm'atleast 8 times i called then also no reply and i have to sleep early and wake early finally 9th time i called at 02:10am at midnight the waiter comes and gives a bottel in which max. To max 5ml was pending and tells "sahab aaj ka din kaam chalao kal ka kal dekha jayega" finally it dosent worked at all and id i posted this comment at 04:00am and full night without sleep.

So friends my suggestion is plz dont go in this hotel becoz my first night in chennai was with mosquitoes in THE PEARL INTERNATIONAL "3RD CLASS HOTEL"

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank manish a
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

First things first, water is so bad, it sinks. I couldn't take bath out brush my teeth. Complained but mgr took no actin, other than advising me to keep it open for 10mnts before use. If you can manage without shower then this is perfect place, next to roppon building in Chennai central. I was at room 409 and this has a big opening all around windows, don't loose valuables through it! Opening is a haven for mosquitoes as well. Opening also made ac inefficient. Big TV might appeal for TVenthusiasts. They have all Malayalam news papers delivered straight to room, mgr is a Mallu, great help for mallus like myself! Deep freezer facility is supposedly available-- but when I took back samples deposited in freezer, they were not really frozen, with jelly ice packs not yet rocky. Hope my algae isn't decomposed!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank iFlex
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was by far the most expensive place I've stayed in in India so far and the price-value was simply awful.

Firstly, I had made a mistake in my online booking date-wise, but called them immediately to explain the matter and they told me it was all fine. When I showed up however, nothing was fine and they claimed that the only spare room was a deluxe double costing 2,705 Rupees/night (as opposed to my intended 1,500 Rupees/night) even though the head count at breakfast was about 5 people max. Due to my complete exhaustion after travelling all day, I decided to get the room anyways and thought I would "treat" myself. Well, au contraire!

Other than the staff being by far the rudest I have encountered so far in India, the wi-fi did not work properly, the AC stopped working half-way through the night, my room had general electricity problems (something to do with the wiring) aside from the frequent power cuts and my window was literally wall-to-wall with some sort of sewing factory (?), whose persistent banging and other going-ons throughout the night ensured that I did not sleep at all.

In addition to this the place is in a muslim area - so there are no restaurants nearby other than the hotel-owned one, whose breakfast buffet actually made me sick for the first time in India, meaning that I had to sit through a 14hr bus journey to Ooty persistently vomiting.

The staff do not give you any information whatsoever (I was not informed of the breakfast buffet or the wi-fi) and actually told me that I could check out whenever I wanted at check-in, which turned out to be completely false the next day when I had to pack all my belongings within 15mins and get the hell out of there!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank asomariani

Travellers are raving about these Chennai hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel gives you very good value for money. The rooms are clean and quite comfortable though not especially large and the staff really tries to please their guests. The location is almost perfect for those using Chennai Central railway station.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple