“Jack of all trades, surprisingly, master of a few, yes.”
Review of Burgundy's - CLOSED

Burgundy's
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Asian, European, Chinese, Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Burgundy's is a creation of VipinSachdev& Chef Willi where we offer a wide spread of World Cuisines. Situated in the swanky residential area of MRC Nagar, at Somerset luxury serviced apartments, the restaurant caters to various clienteles from families, corporates, couples and children. We offer a variety of seating options and dining sections to choose from, including outdoor seating, which is very popular in the evenings when the wafting sea breeze and star lit skies transport you to an ethereal culinary utopia away from the hustle and bustle of Chennai. Chef Chandra, Head Chef Burgundy's, prides himself on serving impeccably presented food without compromising on taste. The dishes offered are based on a selection of Mediterranean, European and Indian classics along with Pan Asian specialties. Burgundy's offers an Al-a-Carte selection on Monday and Tuesday, while the rest of the week, from Wednesday to Sunday, is a buffet concept for lunch and dinner. The Burgundy's team extends a warm welcome to you and we hope you give us the honor of unleashing your taste buds while we delightfully serve you.
india
“Jack of all trades, surprisingly, master of a few, yes.”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

South Chennai definitely needs Burgundy, no question about that. Where else can one go if the thought of sumptuous food in a chilled-out ambience, combined with a relaxed mug of chilled beer comes to mind?
With open spaces becoming a luxury in Chennai, this place starts to calm your nerves the moment you park your car - landscaped greenery with a children's play area in the corner set in plush lawns with a walking path to the door of the restaurant, certainly goes a long way in creating a good first impression.
Open sesame to a huge hall with a glass partition, set with comfortable combinations of tables. The trick to this overwhelming feel of open-ness comes from the fact that all the walls are glass, sort of like bringing the outside ambience partly inside with the inside having its own character.
The buffet is HUGE. I needed to spend ten minutes walking around and then sitting at my table deciding what I would eat. Having done that, I ventured bravely into the different sections - salads, curries, south indian, meats, etc. and managed to fill my plate. Everything was nicely presented and tasted good. By now I was getting so used to the ambience and the spread that I forgot it was not fine dining.
I chose to go from one cuisine to another and as it was not physically possible to eat all, I was restricted to trying out a couple of available options in each; that was a mistake because I ended up finding flaws in the food - while the dressings, sauces were awesome in the salads, I noticed that I had to ask for olives and a few other things which were not part of the salads. There I was crossing the fine line into fine dining.
The curries were awesome; and a nice touch was the chef cooking up a tasty tiny dish and placing it in cups among the curries.
Maybe I should have requested for a pizza slice of my choice instead of just opting for a 'veg' pizza when I was asked to choose between veg or non-veg. That would have also made me do less work on the table, ordering a few toppings of my choice and trying to create my own pizza! Maybe the person who took my pizza order could have said, any pizza is available. Hmmm... whatever, I enjoyed the meal.
What seals the deal in the buffet is the inclusion of a few usually-missed-but-important items like Curd Rice! Chennaites swear by their curd rice, so including it was a good move.
Desserts have always been oh, so gooood, at all of their restaurants, and Burgundy is no exception. Or I should say here that desserts have been given their due place here. The dark chocolate amaretto was so overwhelmingly dark-chocolatey and magical that I definitely need to come here on my own dessert-buffet trip.
Last but not the least... the price of the buffet at Burgundy's. There has been many a mention about this everytime Burgundy's comes up in any discussion. Yes, the price does pull it down from being a 'wow' factor. But you begin to have second thoughts on not saying 'wow' when you try to pinpoint what was wrong with the place.
I personally wouldnt hesitate to go there, again, and yet again... its one of those restaurants. But maybe I wouldn't like to look at the bill for more than the time I sign for it, unless there is a mug of beer or a glass of wine that comes complimentary with the buffet... get the picture?

Hi,
Your detailed feedback is interesting reading. I am glad that on the whole you have loved the food except for the value. I can assure you that among all the 5 star restaurants in Chennai we are the lowest in pricing & all our prices are including the 14.5% VAT. We also do not levy any service charges.
Since last week we do have draft beer on offer during lunch between Mon to Sat for Rs 50 only for the first pint.
I am grateful to you for your visit & trust you will continue to be visiting Burgundy's regularly.
Vipin Sachdev
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Lovely Surprise!”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This place in MRC Nagar was a lovely surprise to us. We liked the food and completely loved the peaceful ambiance.

Also, the Bar (B Bar) attached to this place is nice. We visit this place at least once or twice in a week now.

One of the best places to Dine and Party in Chennai.

Dear Ajay & Krithika,
I am feeling great to know that you visit our Burgundy's & The Bar at least twice a week. Thank you very much for your feedback & being our brand ambassadors. I am grateful for your business & look forward to meeting up with you some time soon in Burgundy's & The B Bar.
Cheers.
Vipin Sachdev.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Excellent food with excellent service...!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Awesome ambience, cool place to enjoy with friends and spouse...! Had a great experience with my friends, foods r so gud n tasteful...! hmmm still I have a taste in my tongue..! definetly refer my friends and colleagues to go once...! Wat a atmosphere....! Just try it...! Ideal for hang out with friends...!

Dear Vinoth,
Thank you for your feedback on your lovely experience at Burgundy's.
I request that you spread the Burgundy's brand around among all you know.
I look forward to your continued visits & thank you for your business.
Vipin.
Chennai
“Complete Dining Experience”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Burgundy’s was inaugurated at a quaint location in R.A.Puram, right behind Chettinad Vidyashram. Classy interiors, with loads of natural lighting during the day and a great ambience in the later hours…it is definitely an enticing place to dine.

Fresh start

We started off with the thick and healthy chicken celery soup, followed by some amazing chaat. Next, we went on to the salad bar, which was a treat to the human eye, and later on to our taste buds. The beef salad, and the seafood salad were the best of the lot, and the veg salads were very fresh too. The main course began with the tantalising thin crust chicken pizza, which of course came from the same central kitchen as Tuscana’s Pizzeria and Kryptos. A very good reason for vegetarians to go to Burgundy’s would be their 1:1 proportion of veg to non-veg dishes.

The Murgh Mughlai and the Beef stew are definitely value for money and the Meen Pepper Masala takes one’s taste buds all the way to the shores of Kerala. The kitchen in spite of the usual chaos, was kept clean, and hygiene seemed to be their top priority. The delicious pizzas were made in a state-of-the-art oven which made sure that the pizza was cooked evenly. The apt use of technology like the refrigerated salad and dessert bar makes us appreciate the designers even more.

Talking of desserts, the Mix Berry Mousse (egg less), and the Profit Rolls gave us the “heaven in our mouth” feeling. The raspberry whip and the apple crumble tart are total must-haves. The Kaju Triangle and Doodh roll were totally authentic and will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. Burgundy’s aims at “giving good food to anyone who is ready to pay.”

Price: Rs. 800 - Rs. 1200 per person.

• Visited November 2011
Dear Srikant,
Your detailed review is great to read. Thank you very much for the highest rating.
I am feeling great that we were able to delight you.
I trust you will be spreading the Burgundy's brand around among all your friends.
I look forward to your continued visits.
Cheers.
Vipin Sachdev.
Chennai, India
“burgundy's magic”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

its exciting to have a nice restaurant getting launched in your city especially around your neighborhood.i too felt lucky as like every other chennaite was craving for some variety in the food and decided to try out the new restaurant called ''burgundy'.and so i took my family but then realized i was not just lucky but blessed to have such a wonderful restaurant with such fine quality food .the courteous service is also par excellence.now that the burgundy's magic worked on me i'm sure to be back as its aroma which has added a new fragrance into our neighborhood is too hard to resist.so cheers to burgundy&catch you soon
enjoy the burgundy magic

• Visited February 2012
VipinSachdev, Owner at Burgundy's, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Ramesh,
Thank you & my team & I appreciate you taking time to post a wonderful feedback.
Wonderful to know that your family & you love our Burgundy's.
When we opened Burgundy's we too were exited at the great response from the hundred's of discerning neighbors. We are blessed to have been appreciated & loved by the residents who regularly visit our Burgundy's.
I look forward to meeting you in Burgundy's soon.
Thank you MRC nagar residents.
Vipin.