“burgundy's magic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Burgundy's
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Indian, Chinese, European, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Burgundy's is a creation of VipinSachdev& Chef Willi where we offer a wide spread of World Cuisines. Situated in the swanky residential area of MRC Nagar, at Somerset luxury serviced apartments, the restaurant caters to various clienteles from families, corporates, couples and children. We offer a variety of seating options and dining sections to choose from, including outdoor seating, which is very popular in the evenings when the wafting sea breeze and star lit skies transport you to an ethereal culinary utopia away from the hustle and bustle of Chennai. Chef Chandra, Head Chef Burgundy's, prides himself on serving impeccably presented food without compromising on taste. The dishes offered are based on a selection of Mediterranean, European and Indian classics along with Pan Asian specialties. Burgundy's offers an Al-a-Carte selection on Monday and Tuesday, while the rest of the week, from Wednesday to Sunday, is a buffet concept for lunch and dinner. The Burgundy's team extends a warm welcome to you and we hope you give us the honor of unleashing your taste buds while we delightfully serve you.
“burgundy's magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

its exciting to have a nice restaurant getting launched in your city especially around your neighborhood.i too felt lucky as like every other chennaite was craving for some variety in the food and decided to try out the new restaurant called ''burgundy'.and so i took my family but then realized i was not just lucky but blessed to have such a wonderful restaurant with such fine quality food .the courteous service is also par excellence.now that the burgundy's magic worked on me i'm sure to be back as its aroma which has added a new fragrance into our neighborhood is too hard to resist.so cheers to burgundy&catch you soon
enjoy the burgundy magic

Dear Ramesh,
Thank you & my team & I appreciate you taking time to post a wonderful feedback.
Wonderful to know that your family & you love our Burgundy's.
When we opened Burgundy's we too were exited at the great response from the hundred's of discerning neighbors. We are blessed to have been appreciated & loved by the residents who regularly visit our Burgundy's.
I look forward to meeting you in Burgundy's soon.
Thank you MRC nagar residents.
Vipin.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Lovely place, Lovely food, Lovely people - re instilled my dream to open a restaurant :)

• Visited March 2012
Dear friend,

Thank you very much for your review of our restaurant Burgundy's. I am glad we have motivated you to join the F&B fraternity. Welcome.

You may call me on 98410 22622 if you need to know a lot more of inside information on opening a restaurant.

Cheers.
Vipin.
Chennai, India
“The Best hangout in Chennai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I always enjoyed the ambience and the food at Tuscana on knk road until i explored Burgundys. To start with, the place itself is located in such a calm and serene atmosphere and to add to that the look and feel of the restaurant is truly classy and elegant.The outside seating area is very chilled out and reminds us of the european cafeterias. Now when it comes to the food, i tried the pasta arabiatta and tenderloin steak and it was truly delicious. The service is equally good and since i dint try the buffet cant comment much on it. I cant look forward to be there again and again. This is the best restaurant to happen in chennai.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kafeel
Dear Kafeel,

Thank you very much for loving our restaurants. I am happy to know that you rate Tuscana Pizzeria in wallace garden & now our Burgundy's the best. The love that most guests incl you has made our restaurants brands that are known all over India & in some parts of the world.

I am delighted that our chefs were able to serve you some great a la carte dishes that you enjoyed & have appreciated. Thank you for the appreciation.

The outside seating area next to a children's play area, water body & a very large patch of wonderful greenery is loved by one & all & it is nice to know that you are reminded with European ambiance of a cafeteria. Well Europe now at our own Namma Chennai by Burgundy's.

It is time you visited Burgundy's again to enjoy the Burgundy's buffet experience. I am sure you will love it.

Thanks & regards.
Vipin Sachdev
Chennai, India
“Good food and good ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Very very surprised with the experience.
Very spacious - went with ten of my colleagues.. with so much of space you don;t need a separate room.. you can have loud conversations and be useful - without the fear of bothering others in the restaurant....

The arrangement of buffet - is again.. spacious - only in Leela in bangalore.. I have see so spacioulsy arranged counters... It gives very much to time and comforta.. go at your pace.. lovely cutlery and colours..

Food - the range is wide..especially the younger ones went after wood-fired pizza's which are such a delight after the MNC branded hard pizzas.. the kebabs.. and indian items are too good.. normally my experience is that star hotels- focus on two or three signature dishes.. and keep the other to add the number.. here you are bound to be spoiled for choice.. please do a workout before going if you wish to indulge in guilt-free binging.. otherwise you will end up with a guilt of not tasting so many possibly good items..

If you wish to rush through your meal.. again this is not the right place. You want to enjoy your food, have leisurely conversations, birthday party or get-gathers.. I am sure you will find the place.. giving more value than the money that goes..

I am impressed and worth travelling to this part of chennai.. atleast once in a monday for lunch or brunch..

2 Thank Sreenivasu N
VipinSachdev, Owner at Burgundy's, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Sreenivaasu,
Thank you very much on your detailed review of Burgundy's. My team & I are glad that 10 of your colleagues & you have enjoyed the total experience at Burgundy's.
I trust you all have been visiting Burgundy's regularly & am grateful to you for your business.
Vipin Sachdev.
“"A multi-faceted experience"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Outside pouring into inside; manicured lawns; art and an assortment of cuisines really define the Burgundy's experience. Somehow, either because of the vastness of the space and the location of the hotel - Somerset - that houses this restaurant that has a quality of smart coupled with style. It also gives you the sense of being cut off from the craziness of a city asylum that we all are permanent, in-house residents. Burgundy's best portion is its buffet; open for both lunch and dinner. It's a space that calls for a hearty indulgence. Pack your plates with a mix of salads and then smack into some short eats before taking the plunge into the main course that is interestingly presented in little kadais and serving vessels that really remind you of home. The Indian section is as lip-smacking as the baked dishes and noodles that are fascinatingly flavoursome. And then, don't miss the desserts that'll convince you that life, after all, is a sweet journey, even if there are bitter ups and downs. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank ArunVT
VipinSachdev, Owner at Burgundy's, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Arun,
I agree with you that "life, after all, is a sweet journey, even if there are bitter ups and downs. Enjoy!". In the F&B industry it is very true & we all take the help of the excellent desserts to swing our downs to ups.
I am glad we are able to offer at least the sense of being cut off from the craziness of a city asylum that we all are permanent, in-house residents. Wow. You have now shown us another dimension of Burgundy's & I'am loving it.
Your review is very much appreciated & loved. Thank you.
I look forward to your regular visits.
Vipin Sachdev.