“fine dining” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kryptos Vegetarian - CLOSED

Kryptos Vegetarian
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 9
Cuisines: Greek, Indian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Greek for "Hidden", Kryptos, is a treasured jewel tucked away in the cellar of the Yafa building on Khader Nawaz Khan road. With its bright decor and sculptured stone clad walls, Kryptos is an explosion of delight where diners can sample some of the best vegetarian cuisine Chennai has to offer. The cuisine at Kryptos Vegetarian builds upon the reputation enjoyed by Kryptos, in the past, as a fully fledged Greek restaurant, to bring a change into the world of vegetarian cooking, that complements the life style and dining habits of today's discerning clients. Complementing our Greek vegetarian fare are a range of dishes drawing from the world of Indian, Mexican and Chinese foods, plus offering a range of divine desserts and cooling beverages.Kryptos Vegetarian offers the only iced salad counter in Chennai's restaurant scene and one that has justifiably earned the loyalty and love of our diners. With a selection of fresh salads, fruits, vegetables, cheese and fresh breads, the salad counter is great for a meal in itself or as an accompaniment to any of the wide range of dishes that we offer to devour. Our menu includes dishes inspired from around the world, such as Mexican vegetarian Burritos and Enchiladas, Chinese Manchurian and Crispy Tofu, Vegetarian Moussaka, Indian PaneerKofta, Hara Bara Kebabs and Channa Masala, Beetroot and Beans burger and thin crust pizzas, amongst a range of platters to share. Finish your meal with a Baklava, our renowned eggless Tiramisu, Hot Chocolate Puffs dripping in chocolate sauce, sugar-free Carrot Kheer or just ask for a Greek coffee or a steaming masala tea! Whether you are looking for a chic restaurant to take your intimate date or as a family gathering around our renowned center stone table, Kryptos Vegetarian offers something for everyone all under one happy roof. We hope to be part of your extended family where we will be honored to serve you and share the happiness that great food brings.
Chennai, India
“fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

lovely ambience and great food .Had taken a colleague from Bangalore to experience Chennai's fine dining .Enjoyed the soup and starters and my friends had fish and chicken meal.food was excellent .We could have the meal customised to suit our palates and enjoyed the fine cuisine

Sadly we could not enjoy a drink due to local restrictions .

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank baalaji
VipinSachdev, Manager at Kryptos Vegetarian, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Baalaji,
Thank you would be an understatement for us to express with regards to your feedback.We are happy that you have related yourself in commenting to each one of the dishes that we offered.We are sure that our service was refreshing and different from what you have experienced before.Thanks to you and your colleague for providing us with a chance to serve you.
Regards,
Dilli,Chef Ganesh and Neha.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Good Greek Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

I have been to kryptos twice and they definitely amaze with some list of interesting and mouth watering dishes.

Its a good place to try out new food that might taste different to the regular Indian taste buds. I would recommend you this place only if you like to try something new.

The staff at the restaurant are extremely polite, ambiance is perfect for a soothing lunch / dinner experience.

Wide varieties of vegetarian dishes available.

And if you are olive lover then I am sure you might not want to miss on this :)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SoravJain
Dear Sorav,
Thanks for your valuable feedback on Kryptos by Willi.Our staff are more than committed in providing our guests with a great service.We are happy to hear it from our regular patrons that shows our commitment in delivering an impeccable experience for one and all.We look forward to your support and loyal patronage.
Greer, South Carolina
“Greece comes to India”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Our second visit to Kryptos in as many months. First trip was a business lunch and this visit a expatriate gathering for a birthday with kids along. Both visits were pleasant and the food was very good. They have a buffet but we have stuck to the menu. Atmosphere is good for either occasion and we would recommend for those seeking a break from the Indian diet.

1 Thank Jackinbama
VipinSachdev, Manager at Kryptos Vegetarian, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
We are glad you loved it. Thank you for your business. I will appreciate if you could spread the brand name among your friends, relatives & acquaintances. Cheers.
Chennai
“Great place for meat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Was here for a regular dinner and turned out to be a romantic dinner thanks to the ambiance.
The place is clean and calm.
The waiters are very courteous
The menu is complicated to understand but the waiters are around to help you having the details at the tip of their tongue. Would have preferred if they went slow on the explanation.
Ordered whatever the waiter suggested and it was really good.
But the amount of meat I consumed that unplanned day was over filling.
Its better consumed hot n hot.
It was a satisfying definitely fulfilling meal

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Visakan
VipinSachdev, Owner at Kryptos Vegetarian, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Visakan,
Your feedback is a learning for us on the explanation by the waiters that needs to be slowed down. thank you very much for spending time & posting your feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed the total experience in Kryptos & look forward to your continued visits.
Regards.
Vipin Sachdev.
Kathmandu, Nepal
“My favorite (non Indian) restaurant in Chennai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

When I moved to Chennai from the US, I naturally expected to give up a few things along the way: Starbucks coffee, sane traffic, and Whole Foods, to name a few. While I've inherited lovely appams and incredible kormas, I still miss a few things from home... but I'm so, so thrilled to say that awesome Greek food isn't one such sacrifice thanks to Kryptos!

I come here literally every week with my husband because it's the only place I know to get delicious hummus, sauteed vegetables and divine salads with gorgeous greens (a rarity in the city). I always get the buffet because it's loaded with beautifully-prepared veggies, though my non-veg spouse seems to be enamored with the chicken skewers.

We've come to know the staff well and they're always a delight. Service is prompt, super-friendly and they actually take the time to get to know you. They even know to give us the back corner table when we come in.

I don't really have any complaints. The buffet isn't always consistent with its offerings form week to week, but I'd expect that given the seasonal variation and market conditions. Prices are also consistent with what I pay for meals in the US, but the quality of food is comparable in quality so I don't really mind.

I'm so glad a place like Kryptos exists in the city!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
VipinSachdev, Owner at Kryptos Vegetarian, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Friend,
Thank you very much for spending valuable time in posting this review in the most sought after & loved online travel & hospitality portal tripadvisor.com
I am elated at the way you have explained in full details with comparison of the food scene in the USA. I am happy Kryptos by Willi has served you authentic Greek/Cypriot cuisine that you did not have to give up on this in Chennai as you have had to give up a few other things.
I am glad that your husband & you are regularly patronizing our restaurant & i thank you for trusting us.
Talking about the cold mezze buffet that you love, well this is loved by one & all incl myself. My lunch will be this today as this is not only healthy but also tasty.
Thank you once again & I look forward to your continued patronage.
Regards.