“Good hotel, near to central rly stn”

Bell Hotel - Chennai
Ranked #64 of 396 Hotels in Chennai
Delhi
“Good hotel, near to central rly stn”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Its good hotel with great interior have three star facility. food in restaurant is also good.
Its better to go there & book room, because you will get good package. Staff is very courteous. Hotel is walking distance from Central Rly stn & Madras Medical College.
Hotel is adjoining Railway lines so don't take room on that side

2 Thank arunsahdev
Bagya Lakshmi S, Accommodation Officer at Bell Hotel - Chennai, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Bell Hotel for your recent stay in Chennai. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

Accommodation Officer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Munnar, India
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My friend and I stayed at Bell Central for 3 nights from 26th June 2012. I have been to 19 countries and Bell Central gives the best value for money. It is also centrally located - just a stone-throw away from Madras Central Station. The restaurant facilities are a blemish on the otherwise excellent services. I wish they would provide the wi-fi facilities as complimentary.

1 Thank ExploreIndiaTours

Chennai, India
Reviewed 29 June 2012

If u want to experience a 5 star level of service quality at the price of a 3 star in the heart of chennai, this is the place to be. Never got a chance to complain of anything. Each and everything was meticulously planned and ready for us. Little things like upgrading ur room for no extra cost, english speaking bell boy in chennai, choices of channels on TV and warm water in the loo hand shower in the morning.. make such a lot of difference. I am an MBA grad with spl interest in marketing and I have definitely learnt a thing or two about customer satisfaction with my stay here.
Bell central will definitely be my first choice for my hotel stay in Chennai as long as I don't want to spend unnecessarily on a 5 star.

Room Tip: there are two sides.. one towards the road the other towards a railway line. Though it didn't di...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank trip_rajan

USA
Reviewed 26 June 2012

It is a good hotel at a very reasonable price. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are maintained very nicely. It is very close to the station but not so close as to get disturbed by the commotion.
It is maintained very nicely and the things work good.

1 Thank leisuretravelerUsa

Bochum, Germany
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, travelled to Chennai for work. I arrived early in the morning (had taken a train overnight and was exhausted), and it was such a delight to enter the room, take a hot shower and then lie in that wonderful bed! I have stayed at many places in India, and 5-star hotels aside, this was the most comfortable stay ever. For the price, it beats all other places.

Pros: Comfortable rooms, heavenly bed, friendly and helpful staff, great shower with excellent water pressure. For those like me who like beer: there is a beer shop just next door. The location is also good and convenient, rikshas can be taken easily from the front door. I may say that this hotel is very close to European standars. Only close because...

Contras: Can be a bit loud (heard hammering on a Sunday afternoon), the wi-fi is not included (1 hour costs Rs. 50/-, the conection is very fast but it would be better if the wi-fi was included in the tarif), the food in the restaurant is not good and the staff there is very slow (a "quick breakfast" can take 40 minutes, they take too long time in taking orders and bringing the bill). The laudry service was a bit slow (almost 2 days), but the work was impecable.

But since this is India, I still find that for the price this hotel is excellent, and I enjoyed my stay. As an example of friendliness, the breakfast is served from 7.30am only, but one day I had to leave earlier than that. The waiter said that he can give me some toast and jam, for which I was very thankful since I can hardly start a day with an empty stomach.

Conclusion: I highly recommend this hotel for those who seek a professional and comfortable ambiance.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo