“Fantastic - as always”

Ranked #11 of 393 Hotels in Chennai
Cardiff
“Fantastic - as always”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I love this hotel - 3rd visit this year and I will more than likely be back once more before the end of 2012. I think the staff are great, it is very clean and well looked after.

I had the opportunity to meet the General Manager this time - he is new and very keen that customers who keep on going back are well looked after. I was delighted that Mr Rocha has told me that I will be noted as Special VIP Guest in time for my next visit. He is a really nice man who wants the very best for his customers.

However - once again there is one guy who needs to be highlighted. It is Logesh - the bar man who is fantastic. He is a great guy and very friendly - this time around though he gave up on trying to explain the cricket to me - I think he gets the message that I will never understand it :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Simon-Dwyed
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Vanakkam!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. We really appreciate this gesture and are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

I look forward to your continued patronage of The Raintree Hotels.

Best Regards

Perkin Rocha
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I had stayed at Raintree on the night between June 7th and June 8th 2012. Actually, I had missed my flight to Bnaglore at 9:00 PM and had stayed at Raintree from 11PM to 4AM (My flight got rescheduled to 5:45 AM). My colleague and myself reached Raintree Alwarpet by mistake and they provided hotel car to Raintree Annasalai free of cost.

The room was excellent and the stay was very comfortable. Didn't have experience about other services as the stay was for a very short period. I might not be able to stay there on frequent visits to Chennai as the room rent is slightly more than my budget (fixed by the company) but I would recommend it for other travellers.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Raman-Namboodiri
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

Newly built great hotel with excellent staff hospitality. Roof top restaurant is great. This is one hotel where your feedback ks taken very seriously. Do not miss Thapa and Thapa twins at the entrance of the hotel !

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TPsingh
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We used The Raintree Hotel Annasalai, Chennai for our son's wedding reception on 23 Aug 2012.

If I have to mention the experince in a single word..... "amazing". If I have to mention it in 2 words... "just amazing". That's the experience I had with Raintree.

It started with Ms. Nagapriya who took our requirements and coordinated the whole episode... so marvelously... so transparently.. so courteously. Hats off to her.

From hall booking to dishes selection to customization to unloading our gift items to.... whatever we needed for the occasion, Ms. Nagapriya was in the forefront, making things happen so nicely.

Then, the hall managers, the Chef (who personally visited the hall more than once), the helpers.... I don't just find enough words to describe their role in making the function a grand success.

The comments received from all my guests were one and the same (as if it was a recorded voice), which is "what an ambience... what a tasty variey of food... wow".

In between, I sought the help of Ms. Nagapriya in booking 3 rooms which was handled by her so quickly and efficiently, even though I disturbed her on a holiday. I sensed it to be commitment to make customers happy. The guests, including my son, had a wonderful stay in Raintree.

I thank the management team and all those who helped us in making the function a grand grand success. It will be remembered by us for life.

In the upcoming family events, we will not think of any other hotel other than OUR Raintree, which has become our family member now. No exaggerations... absolutely.

Room Tip: Go for rooms facing Anna Salai for a wonderful view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We travelled to Chennai for a wedding and stayed at the Raintree. Wonderful service in all respects down to arranging for assistance for my fiancé in dressing in a sari for the first time. Thoroughly recommend the hotel, hard to fault. Allow time for travel given the metro construction that is affecting all of Chennai.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple