“hotel review”

The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai
Ranked #13 of 405 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Its a lovely hotel with all amenities of Star hotel. The ambience is wonderful and the room was very very comfortable. The bathroom and toiletries were fabulously modern. The food was sumptuous and thew complimentary buffet breakfast was lavish and mouthwatering. The hotelk also had a swimming pool on the terrace which was an experience to enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Mittalji,

Vanakkam!

Thank you very much for sharing the hotel review. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel ambience, amenities and the buffet at THE KITCHEN; our all day dining restaurant.

We will ensure that The Raintree Hospitality and Dining Experience is of the highest standards at all times.

Do look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

Manish Dayya

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

i liked the courtesy of the staff - even when i checked in close to midnight.
the room was spacious and clean.
with a minimalistic design, it gave the feeling of luxury, at a business hotel price.
the staff was knowledgeable and were able to handle my queries efficiently.
I also liked their breakfast buffet spread. even though it was a buffet, the service staff moved around and were very helpful.
the location of the hotel is also very convenient and accessible to all parts of the city and is also close to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Shiv,

Vanakkam!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Good: The hotel has good food, the room was nice. Haven't checked the gym and swimming pool.

Bad: I was told by my employer that, my food,room rent and all other expenses would be covered . But when i reached the hotel the receptionist told otherwise. There was a confusion. I went to my room and got a call from the receptionist and she agreed that the bills will be sent to my employer. While checking out same thing happened i was asked to pay for the food. Then again i had to explain. I don't know what the heck was going on. Can't they mark it somewhere. some receptionist were obnoxious. They didn't even smile or say sorry.

I was not able to sleep well in the night. There was some carpentry work going on somewhere. Some one was using a hammer. I don't know whether the noise was coming from inside the hotel or outside.

Ugly: I asked my long time school friend to come and meet me at raintree. I picked her up from the Lounge and proceeded to first floor balcony. We were chased and stopped in the elevator my a hotel security/worker. He told me that guests are not allowed to go upstairs. He was so rude that my friend felt very bad.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank saga_yahoo
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Arun,

Vanakkam!

Thank you very much for sharing your review and experience. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Having said this, please do note that our visitors policy clearly highlights and mentions that "visitors are not allowed in rooms after 10pm and lady visitors are not allowed in guest rooms with single male occupant". The same is acknowledged and signed by all guests in our registration card and help us in maintaining our safety and security measures. I also did check your feedback form filled at the time of check out and unfortunately does not mention about the experience you had as shared here on trip advisor.

Addtionally, the area of concerns as highlighted by you in both aspects of billing instructions as well as the sound from the banquet hall causing disturbances are true and the team did brief me on the same and also join me passing our apologies for this experience.

I do appreciate your point of view and look forward to your continued patronage of The Raintree Hotels.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

This hotel is wonderful - a little bit of calm in the chaos that is Chennai. The rooms are decorated to a high standard and are very clean and tidy. The only point I didn't like was that I was at the corner and so you could hear all of the traffic outside. The shower is great and comes with a decent shower gell etc.

The Kitchen restauarant is great - I ate at that place for most of my meals. The staff cannot do enough for you and the food is of a good standard.

There is an amazing roof -top bar that I enjoyed a champagne cocktail at. Very nice views across the city and great drinks... I could have easily spent the whole night up there! There is also a gym that I used - which was well equipped, if not a bit uncomfortable with it not being air conditioned!

OVerall, I would definitely stay here again and will be there on my next trip to India later in the year.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not facing the road
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Brian,

Vanakkam!

Thank you very much for the great review and feedback. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the stay as well the The Raintree Dining Experience at THE KITCHEN: all day dining restaurant and HIGH: sky lounge by the pool with stunning skyview of the city. I hope you do try MADRAS: serving Southern cuisines from Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Andhra, UP NORTH: a rooftop restaurant for authentic Punjabi cuisine and MADERA: a contemporary lounge bar in your next visit.

We look forward to Welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We went on a business trip to Chennai and stayed for 2 days at the Raintree.Very centrally located, most of the facilities like salon, market etc. are nearby. The rooms were good, spacious and noisefree, had a sound sleep after the day's work. The hotel had a rooftop restaurant from were the views of the city are amazing. A very nice breeze blows in the evenings and the same is beautifully decorated with candlelights, some green plants.If you love noise and sound and are a happening person, then there is a discotheque. Staff is very courteous and friendly, they didn't charge anything extra for late checkout, as late as 4:00 PM against 12:00 PM standard. The gym on the roof is small but well equipped and the shower room is very clean, comfortable. The food was too good. The buffets were nice but we had ordered ala- carte. Their Missi Roti, Bharwaan tamaatar and daal is must try. The best Missi rotis (Type of Rajasthani Indian bread containing chickpea flour) I ever had.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business