“Excellent in every way, totally blew us away!”

The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai
Ranked #12 of 388 Hotels in Chennai
canada
“Excellent in every way, totally blew us away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

This was the last hotel on our month long journey to India and I have to admit that it was a heavenly place to be in to wind things down after such a hectic journey. The property, service and quality of food was great. The breakfast and dinner buffet was something to write home about, it was not overly extensive and anything that one desired was made freshly upon request. The hotel was spotless including the bathroom, the rooms were ultra chic modern and the beds comfortable with more than adequate bedding and pillows. The security was much more advanced than any other hotel that we had been in during our trip. The location was good and one could take a rickshaw to get around if necessary. The staff were obliging and helpful on many occasions. I can't say enough as it was truly a wonderful experience for us. The outdoor lounges were also inviting and cosy. Thanks Raintree.

Room Tip: Worth every penny and more A hotel worth staying in with everything found.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank asp
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you very much for the Excellent review. I am really glad to know that you really enjoyed The Raintree Hospitality. It is feedback like yours that really motivates us to continue and further enhance our services.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

Manish Dayya
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Tromso, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel itself is great. Big rooms, nice suite. Good food. The balcony swimmingpool is great.
When I was there the staff seemed a bit inexperienced, but whenever there was a problem you could have it your way if you really wanted.

Overall I was happy with my stay!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Anmar,

Vanakkam!

Thank you very much for the review. I do remember writing in to you in April 2011 based on the feedback received in your mail whereby you mentioned that your stay was fabulous until your departure. I also do remember that one of your colleagues Markus had lost his camera during the drive from Chennai to Vellore after the check out and we had done the investigation and did revert back on the findings.

We really thank you again and welcome your feedback in this regard and assure the best of services ahead.

I appreciate your point of view and look forward to your continued patronage of The Raintree Hotels.

Vantaa, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've heard many comments referring to this hotel as "luxurious", but I don't agree. The hotel is very nice and good level, but not luxurious. The hotel is very new, I heard it was built in autumn 2011. The interior is very modern and I discovered many very scandinavic looking design items there:)

Depending on traffic, trip from airport was 30-45 mins. Hotel charge for one-way airport transport was ~1000Rs.

Standard room was quite spacious and had big & comfortable bead. TV has lots of channels, fortunately also lots of English ones in addition to numerous Indian channels... Room price included 2hrs complimentary wireless internet usage, after this I think the price for additional 24hrs was something like 125Rs, so not that much... Only not so good thing about the room was that the sound proofing was really poor, at least in 2nd floor at street side. All noises from the corridor and L1 floor banquet were really loud and clear... That didn't bother me, but I bet a light sleeper would be really disturbed.

Breakfast was nice and fresh, having selections both on intercontinental and local options. The hotel has a roof top terrace which around day time is used as pool area (only 5 sun beds...) and during evenings as bar, also serving snacks. Tried one of the restaurants for dinner and room service as well -- good selections available and price ok. Really nice thing was that in lobby area there was this chocolate & cake desk from which you were able to buy sweets or also order them in the room :) And there was one set of complimentary fruit plate available, that was nice.

The gym is small but ok. 2-3 treadmills, a couple of cross trainers + bikes and then some basic weight lift equipment. In the same floor there was a spa which I used for manicure and pedicure -- lots of available times even though the spa was small. I don't know whether I'd even call it a spa or just a beauty shop...

Laundry works quickly (and cheap). No issues with housekeeping, had some small issues and fix was delivered quickly.

I was on business trip and stayed 1,5 weeks. Basically nothing "interesting" in walking distance, but I guess that's the case almost anywhere in Chennai... 10mins from Express Avenue (big mall) and only 5mins from Pondy Bazaar (local market). Nice hotel, would recommend it and could come back myself as well.

Room Tip: NOT a room in 2nd floor, the floor below is banquet -- lots of noise
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you very much for the detailed review. We really appreciate this gesture and assure the best of serviced ahead.

Look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I liked everything about this hotel (went there after checking out of the Hyatt Regency but that is for another review).
Room - very nice, well kept and and a comfortable bed.
Staff - extremely friendly and went the extra mile - one of the waiters was particulalry good and arranged for me to have something that wasn't on the menu when he realised what I wanted wasn't there.
Restuarant - The Kitchen is used for brakfast and bistro type food. It's fairly functional but bright and airy, and the food and staff are good.
The 'Up North' punjabi style restuarant on the Terrace was great so we ate there every night. good quality food. We had Indian guests and they thought it very good too.
The roof pool and terrace are nice.

It's not luxury 5 star, but I wouldn't let that put you off if you want a hotel experience you will enjoy.
My one and only gripe, and it's a bit trivial ... 'El Condor Pasa' is on a constant loop on the Ground Floor and if you are there for more than a few minutes at a time it starts to grate!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Ray,

Vanakkam!

Thank you very much for the review. We really appreciate this gesture. Have also taken a note of your suggestion on the loop repeatedly played at the Lobby level, I must thank you for bringing this to our notice and helping us take prompt measures to serve better in every aspect. At The Raintree Hotels we believe that Everything Matters!

Look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I spent 4 days at the Raintree Hotel, Annasalai while starting a "medical vacation". Coming from the USA to India for the 1st time I arrived with some apprehension. From the moment I walked through the front doors I was greeted by friendly, smiling faces who welcomed me. I was very happy with the spacious room and patio area. The room was very clean and the bed and bedding was very comfortable. Again coming from the USA, I was also apprehensive of water and food causing an upset stomach, which was never a problem. The food was enjoyable and I tasted many good dishes. To relax I enjoyed a cold drink and the view from the Top Deck, which provided an incredible view of Chennai. As a traveler, what I most appreciated was the staff of this Hotel, they were extremely kind and made me feel welcomed.

Room Tip: My Feb. trip was welcomed by temperatures of 72 for a low and 86 for the high. A perfect and comfort...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Justin,

Vanakkam!

Thank you very much for the great review and feedback. I am delighted to know that the team here looked after you and made you feel welcomed and that you enjoyed the stay as well as The Raintree Dining Experience. I hope you were able to dine at all the outlets including MADRAS: serving Southern cuisines from Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Andhra, THE KITCHEN: all day dining restaurant, UP NORTH: a rooftop restaurant for authentic Punjabi cuisine, MADERA: a contemporary lounge bar and HIGH: sky lounge by the pool with stunning skyview of the city.

We look forward to Welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.