“Beautiful Room and Bathroom...Breakfast...not so good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #8 of 388 Hotels in Chennai
London
“Beautiful Room and Bathroom...Breakfast...not so good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Lovely room, great bathroom, superb bed, generally very good arrival and departure experience, great service. Airport pick up was the second best I've ever had, smooth, friendly, professional.

Breakfast buffet was disappointing, not only disappointing in general, but especially owing the the class of hotel. Low quality fruit...well, anyway, I have nothing positive to say about the totally 'blah' breakfast...oh, my usual gripe, $15 a day for internet connection....I hate being ripped for internet connections.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Shavasti
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear jlpayne,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Chennai, your valuable feedback is very much appreciated.

While I am pleased that you were happy with our room and service, I am sorry that our breakfast buffet marred an otherwise pleasant stay experience. I have shared your comments with my Food and Beverage team, who will take steps to review and assure that the usual quality and variety standards are indeed met.

We have also received your feedback from the Hilton Questionnaire that you kindly completed, to which I have responded with some more details on your comments on both the breakfast and the internet.

We hope to see you again soon.

Roger Brantsma
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Excellent hotel in Chennai for business - clean, new, modern, very nice. Has all the amenities that you would expect in a Hilton. Staff goes out of their way to help you. After a hectic day in the local traffic and environs of Chennai, it is nice to go back to the hotel and relax in the room, gym or pool. Nice big restaurant with lots of choices. Will defintely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are rooms around the courtyard, be careful as sometimes there are live bands in the courtyard...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear hawaiifred,

Thank you for for your compliments of Hilton Chennai, my team and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality.

We are delighted that you were happy with our facilities and service, and look forward to wecoming you back when you next return.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Everything considered this is a nice and new hotel which normally comes with a lot of advantages like nice rooms and a well kept environment. The coffee bar with a beautiful view is a relaxed place, normally with an extraordinary extensive buffet.

The first time we were picked up from the airport by their brandnew c-class Mercedes (at that time a novelty in Chennai), now they are matching themselves with the other quality hotels in the city.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Huuronzecamper,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Chennai, it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.

Plano, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

This hotel is a beautiful property with all the amenities of 5 star lodging. From a rooftop pool and bar, which is great for chilling after a long hard day of work, to great restaurants with a superb selection of Indian and English dining. The rooms are appointed beautifully with great bathrooms and great Internet. The business center was pretty normal, though they want to charge for everything. The staff are 100% committed to supporting their guests needs. I used the Hilton car service and felt coddled. The executive floor has a great room for snacks and a drink before dinner. So why not 5 stars? Receiving the best requires that little things do not go wrong. Unfortunately two little problems crept into my stay that were annoying. First, I had arranged a car pickup on my second day exactly as with my first day. The car did not show and while apologies flowed and a car was immediately dispatched, I lost a lot of time. The second bug came on my last morning at the hotel. The Internet failed. It was not the service provider, but the servers at the hotel themselves. Again, the hotel brought a 3G card and I was back online after about an hour. This was all good, in fact some would argue, what hotel brings you a wireless backup if their service fails? True enough, but it was still the loss of valuable time, and when combined with the car issue of the night before, sorry...no 5 stars. I urge my readers to simply be double sure of car service at this property. Else it was a great stay if not a little on the expensive side. For Chennai travel I will be back.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AWalding
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear AWalding,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Chennai, your feedback and insights are very much appreciated.

Whilst I am very happy to note your encouraging feedback on our facilities and service, it is unfortunate that the inconveniences you encountered marred an otherwise pleasant stay experience.

Please accept our sincere apologies once again. I can assure you that we fully understand how important time is for business travellers such as yourself and that my team is taking steps to address the service shortfall. With regards to the internet connection failure, this has since been rectified.

Do let me know when you will be returning to Chennai and I will personally look out for you. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to wecoming you back soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Although I consider myself to be a traveller this was my first visit to India so I wasn’t too sure what to expect. This excellent hotel gave me a base to start my exploration and a bolt hole to go back to when it all got a bit too much. The hotel is new and beautifully finished but the best point for me was the excellent staff that genuinely want to help and are both polite and friendly.

If I was to be very picky and look for negative points id say:
• It is a bit American with things like Hawaiian theme nights but as this is an American hotel chain I guess that’s fair enough. There were also enough places to go and escape if you wanted too.
• The other thing is that if you do venture out and compare your accommodation with the conditions of the locals in the area you do feel very guilty – but again you cant blame the hotel for that and I was very grateful for what they provided.

So if you want to experience the real India I guess this isn’t the place for you but otherwise I would say this is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear paf25,

Thank you for your compliments to Hilton Chennai, we are delighted to have been a wonderful retreat for you on your first trip to India!

I have shared your encouraging feedback with my team, who are indeed very happy that you felt well-looked after during your stay.

We hope to be of service to you again, should your travels bring you back to Chennai.