“Q Bar (Rooftop Pool Side Bar)”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #11 of 437 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I went to this Q bar with a few friends in may2012. location is very good but because of the construction activity happening there traffic jams happen .The staff is warm and friendly and quick to serve both food and drinks. The view from the top is amazing!!!! Panoramic view of the city, and at night it is the most lovely view of Chennai I have encountered.Personalised service and quality of the food makes me happy there. I like the Chennai Q and freshly made Chicken shawarma.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank PrasadManne
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear PrasadManne,

Thank you for your delightful review of Q Bar, it is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your experience there.

My team are very happy to receive your encouraging feedback and look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We as a family had gone for dinner in Oct'11 with great expectation to Hilton Chennai.

The food was not tasty and had a limited spread. The Hilton team at the restaurant were not friendly.

We thought that atleast the desert would be great as we had our children with us, but even this was far below expertation.

What SUPRISED me was when they charged me for a full buffet of Rs 1300 + tax for my 8 year old daughter. I had done a prior check on the rates for kids and was told their were spl. rates for kids.

BIG NO for BUFFET to this Hotel

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank GeorgePGeorge
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear GeorgePGeorge,

I am very sorry to learn that your experience at Vascos last October was well below your expectations.

Since we opened early last year, Vascos has steadily gained a reputation for its good quality buffet spread featuring both international and local dishes. My team continues to review and improve on our food offerings and service at the restaurant very much based on guests' feedback, such as yours.

We thank you for your candid review and while we understand your sentiments, we hope there will be an opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

What a great hotel! Stayed here for 3 days on a business trip. Location is about a 10-15 min ride from the airport depending on traffic. (OK location for most of the tech businesses in Chennai but not that convenient for downtown Chennai.) Clean, big modern rooms decorated with a local flair. Meals at the Indian restaurant and the continental buffet were excellent. Service was friendly and attentive. This is no ordinary Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank HikerAndRunner

Dear HikerAndRunner,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Chennai, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We (a group of 5) visited the Hilton Chennai Buffet dinner service and we were in for an utter shock. I am thinking hard to find even one good positive but am just not able to.
To start with, the spread is so badly placed that one has to go and figure out what is where and the server dosent seem to take the pain of explaining what is where and where to get what.(That is the first thing they do in Hyatt dinner buffet). And then the most shocking of all is the worst service ever. We were a group of vegetarians and would you believe it, when we were served chicken pizza not once, not twice not thrice but 4 times..each time by a different person! Cant they just have one person for one table so that they know what is being ordered? and yeah I also almost ate a chicken pasta, when I had actually ordered for a veggie one. Again wrong order wrong table! It is just not forgiveable when a vegetarian is served Non Veg food, taht too in a so-called premium restaurant.
Third was the pathetic choice of menu. There were hardly any veg starters, and even if they were we could not find them! And then there was a spread of sushi (both veg and non-veg) but no one was there to even bother to tell which was veg and which was non-veg.
Overall very very unpleasant experience and it was just 10K worth of money going down the drain and I would never ever recommend Vasco for anyone who wants to enjoy fine dining!

Room Tip: Avoid it.....at any cost!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank vasanth v
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Ch_Traveller_1981,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience at Vascos, which is usually known for its good quality buffet spread featuring both international and local dishes. We do understand how important vegetarian food options are; it is most disappointing that this was not reflected to you at all during your recent visit.

Your feedback is very important to us and I am very keen to speak to you directly on this matter. Your further details will help me to review this with both the Chef and Restaurant Manager, allowing us to take specific corrective action and make the necessary improvements on our food offerings and service delivery.

Please contact me on +91 44 2225 5555 or roger.brantsma@hilton.com and I will be delighted to personally assist you.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

I traveled to India on business and stayed in 4 hotels in 4 cities over several weeks. Hilton Chennai was head and shoulders above all the rest. People, room, restaurants, fitness center all were top shelf. The lobby was a great spot to meet colleagues, clean/air-conditioned car services were easily coordinated, and they absolutely took great pride in cleanliness overall. I casually shared a concern about having forgotten some medicine at home and they quickly arranged for a doctor to call me and help.

I dined in the hotel routinely, the Indian cuisine restaurant, and every meal was outstanding.

During my trip my itinerary changed a few times and hotel staff were very helpful despite being already full to capacity.

During my stay there was construction accross the street of an elevated railway, which I understand will link to chennai airport and downtown chennai. I recall the location of hilton chennai being nicely equidistant from those two points.

The people, services and and facilities were superb. I'd gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank BA1999
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear BA1999,

It is a pleasure knowing that you had a wonderful stay at Hilton Chennai. Thank you for your compliments.

Your feedback on our facilities and service is very much appreciated; it is very rewarding for my team to realise that their service and care contributed positively towards your stay experience.

We certainly look forward to your next stay with us when you return to Chennai.