“Clean, Modern Hotel with Excellent Service! (an Osias in India)”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 395 Hotels in Chennai
Southbury, Connecticut
“Clean, Modern Hotel with Excellent Service! (an Osias in India)”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The hotel was an osias from the busy Chennai surroundings. The lobby is bright and airy, the staff incredibly helpful and friendly. In the lobby you are likely to be greeted by Seeth, a beautiful Indian woman who always is there to assist you with any questions you have. She helped me find shopping and places to eat and more. Roger Brantsma is the manager, I made sure I turned in comment cards on all the excellent staff he has! There is an awesome breakfast buffet, Vadivel served me coffee (Ask for Indian Filter Coffee if you want something unique and delicious). On the rooftop bar ("Q Bar) Anand is a master bartender, he made me the best Sambuca shots I ever had. I could go on and on, but in summary this hotel is excellent. My room was large and clean, the restaurants had great food selections, the rooftop pool was amazing. My only recommendation would be for the hotel to expand the size of the fitness center and add a Spa (I am told these plans are in the works). I will be returning to this hotel in August, I cannot wait.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor which was nice. Top floors you may experience some noise from the Q bar (roo...
2 Thank Regina U
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Regina U,

Thank you for your kind and delightful review of Hilton Chennai! It is always a pleasure for my team and I to know when our guests have enjoyed their stay and take the time to tell us so.

I have indeed received your comment cards and have shared your feedback with my team. It is most rewarding for them to know that what they do daily contributes positively towards our guests' stay.

We certainly look forward to your next stay with us in August.

Roger Brantsma
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Their location iss optimal for business travellers. The hotel is new and the facilities are top notch. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpfull, check-in process was fast. My room was spacious and very clean. Everything was modern and look fresh. The bathroom comfy and also quite big. The breakfast service was good, the quality of food high.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KubaTraveller
Dear KubaTraveller,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Chennai, it was a pleasure having you with us.

We very much appreciate your encouraging feedback on our facilities and service. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Chennai, India
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was a very pleasant stay in hilton Chennai with my family for a couple of week. Hotel was perfectly located just 15 minutes away from airport and even though traffic we got there quite quickly. The design of the hotel is very modern and light. My room was big and comfortable, bed was really perfect. Bathroom was very clean and I found there lots of shampoo’s etc, and my children my wife was very happy in hotel and the staff also very happy and very friendly with us and i prefer that property next time in next visit and i hope that u will enjoy and enjoy very much

Room Tip: ya the travelers can visit here and enjoy very fullfill a i love this property in chennai
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SWAPENJANA
Dear SWAPENJANA,

Thank you for your kind compliments and review of Hilton Chennai. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed a comfortable stay and our hospitality.

It is a pleasure to be your preferred hotel in Chennai and we hope to welcome you all back, should you return to India in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed over for a 1 week business trip.
I find myself looking forward to return to the hotel after each working day.

ROOMS - Very clean

During the 1st day of check in the light was flickering, and called the staff to look at it, and said he would return the next day to fix it. He did not return.

However, 2 days later, I have managed to speak to a staff on my way out, that the lights behind the tv, wardrobe and also the hair dryer is not working. It was fixed by the time I have been back from my dinner appointment. Very efficient and impressed.

On the last 3 days of our stay, we are welcomed by a big surprise in the room, with towel art on the bed. They are beautiful.

Good amenities given, and the housekeeping staff have been very neat, friendly and helpful.

DINING - Attentive

Would like to also give compliments to the staff for the night shift at Est.
As my colleague and I do need work very early before breakfast hours, our breakfast takeaway are always prepared well in advanced before we leave for the office. The staff makes an effort to remember our choice of coffee/tea, and do check with us if we are happy with the breakfast in the evening when we returned for cakes.

One the last evening, we made orders for 2 eggless cakes suitable for vegetarians after 8pm, and by 4am next morning, the cakes are ready for us to be picked up. Kudos to the good work done by the team to have this completed overnight for us. Our colleagues love the cake very much as well.

Room service menu was not attractive, and over priced.
Colleague had ordered for room service butter chicken curry with rice and cost up to 1400 rupees, which we have found out the next day that having it at the international buffet restaurant in the hotel would give much better value at approx 1600 rupees.

International Buffet Restaurant is very good. There's a different theme each day of the week, and happy to know that we will not be having the same food again. We had Italian on 1 night, and Seafood on the other. Desserts are wonderful, with pastries coming from the Est kitchen.

OTHERS

Security is good. Bags scanned upon entry. The staff are always presented with a smile, and always ready to extend a helping hand.

Blackouts are very often in the hotel and office even, only realized that this is a common phenomenon, because locals do not react much to it.
Lights usually come back in seconds, so don't panic.

As part of the package:
- We had complimentary internet services which was stable, fast speed and reliable.
- Airport transfer to and fro on the hotel's car. It is only a 15min ride away.

Did not try the gym / swimming pool though.

Thank you for the good stay and keep up the good job.

3 Thank Jelbbt
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Jelbbt,

It is a great pleasure for my team and I to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments to the team at Est are also very much appreciated.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, which not only gives us an idea of where our strengths are but also provides important insights into where we can make improvements. Your comments have been shared with the relevant departments for appropriate action to be taken.

We certainly hope to see you again when you next return to Chennai.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I chose this hotel as it was located a 2 minute walk from the office I was working in Chennai, however I was very pleasantly surprised on arrival to see how greeat this hotel was.

I spent two weeks in the hotel and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful, no matter what role from Bell Boy, to receptionist to cleaner to waiters.

The room I had was spacious and contained all the luxuries you could want, including in room wi-fi. The restaurant was very nice and contained a wide selection of food on the menu and alsoi there was a buffet choice every evening. The best meal by far however was the Brunch on the weekend, ever food both western and Indian you could imagine was provided and very reasonable too.

The pool are and gym on the roof were very enjoyable and well stocked with water and towels, however, the Q bar on the roof in the evening as nice as it was, was ruined slightly by the very noisy DJ playing techno/house music which lost the ambiance a little bit.

This is a very good hotel and I will almost certainly use it on my return should I head back to Chennai.

2 Thank Neil R
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Neil R,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Hilton Chennai, it is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your encouraging feedback is very much appreciated, especially by my team who continually work hard to provide the best personalised service and stay experience for all our guests. My Chefs are also delighted that you consider our weekend brunch your best meal!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.