“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #8 of 388 Hotels in Chennai
Mumbai, India
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I had stayed in this hotel during my business visit. Hotel ambience was good. Staff service was satisfactory. Rooms were neat and tidy. Food was as well delicious.Hotel is in close vicinity to airport.I would surely recomend it.

Room Tip: No specific tips as such.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank kartikthakker
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear kartikthakker,

Thank you for your review and recommendation of Hilton Chennai. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Roger Brantsma
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
mumbai
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The website unimpressive. On the website they have put up an artisits' impression rather than actual photos. I was contemplating not to go for the hotel. But as my conference was scheduled there I had no choice.
But right from the airport pickup to drop, very impressive and efficient service. Before u enter the lobby, the security check was the quickest and very impressive I have ever encountered in and hotels. Inspite of a lot of us checking in together, there was hardly any queue. Good crowd management.
Lobby and the interiors of the entire hotel is beautiful and very pleasing. Rooms are spacious. Very comfortable. Food too was excellent, so unlike a 5 star hotel. Tasty and spicy. Would love to stay again the next time.

Dear Drsuniljain

It is a pleasure knowing that your stay left you with a positive impression after your initial thoughts.

With regards to our website, we are indeed working on the actual hotel images, which are expected to be uploaded shortly. Thank you for your feedback on this.

We also appreciate your comments on our service, rooms and food offerings. My team and I are very pleased that you consider us a "True Hilton".

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Chennai on your next visit.

Chicago
Reviewed 24 January 2012

After a disappointing in-flight service outbound and inbound on Kingfisher Airlines from Colombo to Chennai, I wasn’t expecting too much from my stay at the Hilton Chennai.

However, as a HHonors Gold Member, I was pleasantly surprised with the complimentary pick up service that I received at the Chennai airport by the hotel. The transfer was swift and smooth. The executive suit that I stayed in was at par with any other Hilton property worldwide. The most impressive part of my stay was the efficiency and professionalism of the staff that made my stay pleasant.

The executive lounge was well stocked with alcoholic beverages and a decent selection of appetizers. However, the lounge had a very stoic décor, unwelcoming to guest who want to chill after a long day. I wasn’t too impressed with the business center as the internet service was accessible in 15 minutes interval. I didn’t get a chance to check out the hotel, besides the ball room which was very opulent as I had to make an important call.

The restaurant "Vasco" was very impressive with very good selection of South Indian and international cuisine. Especially enjoyed the "Badami" Milk (I'm told by a friend its Almond Milk). However, the view out of the window was as eyesore due to the construction of the Metro and in the adjacent property.

The concierge service was prompt in providing me options as I wanted a quick jaunt to the "Express Avenue" Mall. The transfer back to the airport was again swift and smooth. Overall, considering the hospitality, professionalism, the comfort and ambience of the hotel, I would surely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Joel D
Dear Joel D,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Chennai and especially for your compliments to my team. We are indeed very pleased to know that you were happy with our service and hospitality, accommodations and facilities, especially our restaurant, Vasco.

My team and I have taken note of your feedback regarding the internet at the business centre. We will be looking into this to ensure that all our guests can enjoy a more consistent and uninterrupted service.

Thanks again for your review, we will certainly look forward to seeing you back here again on your next visit.

Chennai, India
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Was at the Chennai Hilton Vintage Bank Bar earlier this evening. Pleasant enough place. But be very careful of what they bring you, regardless of what you order. Ask for a small domestic alcohol drink, and they bring you large ones hidden under the mixer. Overbilling seems to be the name of the game. Then they give you an inflated bill, and offer to reduce it - as though they are doing you a favour.

Strongly recommend not going there. And hope they go out of business soon. Only way to handle shoddy business practices. Apparently it is the same managers for both the Qbar and the Vintage Bank. Total rip-off. I imagine the rest of their hotel establishment shares similar poor business ethics.

Dear BonVivantDude,

I am very sorry for your unfortunate experience at our Vintage Bank Bar.

I have personally looked into this matter and am aware that my manager had spoken to you directly that same evening about this miscommunication regarding your drinks order.

I can assure you that as a Hilton hotel, we take our business ethics and practices very seriously, especially when it concerns the well-being of our guests.

I invite you to please contact me on my direct line below or through my email so that we can resolve this matter to your satisfaction. Whilst I understand your sentiments, I hope to hear from you soon.

Roger Brantsma
(+91-44 2225 5555 / roger.brantsma@hilton.com)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Only stayed in Chennai for 12 hours (10 spent sleeping) but the 2 hours walking throughout the hotel at night and early morning showed me a very pleasant place with great staff! Too bad I couldn't have stayed longer as it was one of the better hotels I visited in India.

Brand new facility with modern automation equipment including lighting presets and well equipped bathroom.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Jason F,

It is a pleasure knowing that Hilton Chennai left you with a positive impression even though you were with us for only 12 hours!

Thank you very much for your kind review of and compliments to my team and the hotel's facilities.

We certainly hope that you will be able to stay longer with us on your next trip and look forward to welcoming you back.