“Super Cool - Modern Rooftop Bar and Friendly Staff”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #11 of 437 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Only stayed in Chennai for 12 hours (10 spent sleeping) but the 2 hours walking throughout the hotel at night and early morning showed me a very pleasant place with great staff! Too bad I couldn't have stayed longer as it was one of the better hotels I visited in India.

Brand new facility with modern automation equipment including lighting presets and well equipped bathroom.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Jason F,

It is a pleasure knowing that Hilton Chennai left you with a positive impression even though you were with us for only 12 hours!

Thank you very much for your kind review of and compliments to my team and the hotel's facilities.

We certainly hope that you will be able to stay longer with us on your next trip and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I had a great time at the Hilton Chennai. The hotel is somewhat close to the airport, although the 15 mins drive may be painful.

The hotel is new and everything seems to work well. I have stayed in the suite and my room was modern with a nice size. The bed was comfortable and the shower in the suite was amazing. The road in front of the hotel is quite busy but I couldn't hear any noise from the room.

Some of the things I really enjoyed in this hotel are the service and the restaurants. The service is very good. The staff went above and beyond to make me feel welcome and provided a pretty good response to any of my needs. The check-in/check-out times could be better, but this seems to be slow in every hotel I went in India.

The restaurant (Vascos) was also excellent. The breakfast was really good with a lot of different options. The dinner buffet was also nice, combining a variety of options ranging from Indian food to international cuisine.

I will definitely come back to the Hilton in my next visit to Chennai.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rafbr
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear rafbr,

Thank you for reviewing HIlton Chennai, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

My team and I very much appreciate your valuable feedback on our suite, service and restaurants. We have also taken note on your comments regarding the check-in and check-out times and will continue to work on improving our processes.

Thanks again and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chennai.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Great new modern property, long awaited close to Chennai airport (hardly 15 mins drive). Though the hotel approach is a bit problematic during daytime these days due to the on-going flyover construction work in front of the gate. But once you're inside the property, it's not a problem at all. Property being new is quite modernly decorated. Roof-top restaurant is quite an attraction, I loved it especially in Chennai sultry weather. Rooms are spacious, bed is nice, bathrooms are modern and clean. I liked everything excepting that it is overpriced. Well located for business travellers being close to airport and been able to beat the horrible Chennai traffic.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear joymumu,

It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, room and especially the the roof-top restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Chennai in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Hotel Hilton Chennai
Stay- 05th December 2011 to 11th December 2011

Dear Friends,

After my first experience at Hilton Chennai last year, I once again decided to stay in this wonderful hotel. The check-in is super fast and I immediately rush to my room for comfy sleep. In evening, during dinner at VASCO’s, the staffs there welcomed me as they remembered me from my last stay. The chefs too were friendly and offered me some great dishes I won’t forget.

However there were some issues with the housekeeping of room which were solved immediately when informed to the staff. I think the hotel management should keep that in mind and should maintain its class. I had given a personal feedback there for some improvements.

As told by restaurant reservation manager that soon a new addition of restaurant AYLA will be there in which people can enjoy the delicious cuisines from all around the India.

Looking forward to my next visit to Chennai and stay in Hotel Hilton Chennai

Regards
Ankit Dubey

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ANKITDUBEY
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Dear ANKITDUBEY,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Chennai, we are delighted to have made such a positive impression on you.

We very much appreciate your encouraging feedback on our facilities, restaurant and housekeeping. The feedback which was shared with us directly has indeed been reviewed and rectified.

Our new restaurant Ayna is opening this weekend. It is a contemporary Indian restaurant, which will reflect the best of the country's wide-spread cuisine and we do recommend that you visit us on your next visit.

Thanks again for your kind comments and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Chennai for two nights during a recent business trip. No matter the hour you arrive, or depart, the service is always spot on. An added plus is that the hotel is only about a 5 or 10 minute drive from the airport.

My room was excellent and the in-room Internet service worked great. The breakfast buffet offered a wide array of options to satisfy almost anyone. I especially enjoyed the steamed bananas. The poolside restaurant prepared great butter chicken and other Indian foods.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mad880

Dear mad880,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments on our service, room and food offering. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.