“Good Modern Hotel close to airport”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 437 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Great new modern property, long awaited close to Chennai airport (hardly 15 mins drive). Though the hotel approach is a bit problematic during daytime these days due to the on-going flyover construction work in front of the gate. But once you're inside the property, it's not a problem at all. Property being new is quite modernly decorated. Roof-top restaurant is quite an attraction, I loved it especially in Chennai sultry weather. Rooms are spacious, bed is nice, bathrooms are modern and clean. I liked everything excepting that it is overpriced. Well located for business travellers being close to airport and been able to beat the horrible Chennai traffic.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear joymumu,

It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, room and especially the the roof-top restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Chennai in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Hotel Hilton Chennai
Stay- 05th December 2011 to 11th December 2011

Dear Friends,

After my first experience at Hilton Chennai last year, I once again decided to stay in this wonderful hotel. The check-in is super fast and I immediately rush to my room for comfy sleep. In evening, during dinner at VASCO’s, the staffs there welcomed me as they remembered me from my last stay. The chefs too were friendly and offered me some great dishes I won’t forget.

However there were some issues with the housekeeping of room which were solved immediately when informed to the staff. I think the hotel management should keep that in mind and should maintain its class. I had given a personal feedback there for some improvements.

As told by restaurant reservation manager that soon a new addition of restaurant AYLA will be there in which people can enjoy the delicious cuisines from all around the India.

Looking forward to my next visit to Chennai and stay in Hotel Hilton Chennai

Regards
Ankit Dubey

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ANKITDUBEY
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Dear ANKITDUBEY,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Chennai, we are delighted to have made such a positive impression on you.

We very much appreciate your encouraging feedback on our facilities, restaurant and housekeeping. The feedback which was shared with us directly has indeed been reviewed and rectified.

Our new restaurant Ayna is opening this weekend. It is a contemporary Indian restaurant, which will reflect the best of the country's wide-spread cuisine and we do recommend that you visit us on your next visit.

Thanks again for your kind comments and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Chennai for two nights during a recent business trip. No matter the hour you arrive, or depart, the service is always spot on. An added plus is that the hotel is only about a 5 or 10 minute drive from the airport.

My room was excellent and the in-room Internet service worked great. The breakfast buffet offered a wide array of options to satisfy almost anyone. I especially enjoyed the steamed bananas. The poolside restaurant prepared great butter chicken and other Indian foods.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mad880

Dear mad880,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments on our service, room and food offering. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I stayed at the hotel for one night during my business trip. The hotel is new and good, the service was excellent. The pool and fitness center were also great. All and all a good place to stay during a business trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

Dear khadiya,

Thank you for your kind comments on Hilton Chennai, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Between arriving at the hotel at 4am to departing 5 days later at 1.30am the management and staff all went the extra mile to make me feel welcome and provided excellent service. The room was very well appointed, particularly the bathroom including an extra deep bath, and kept spotless for the duration of my stay. Breakfast and evening dining was a joy with excellent varieties of local and international dishes and excellent service. I would definitely use this hotel on any future visits to Chennai and would accordingly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 6th Floor are designated for smoking.