US$ 105
US$ 93
US$ 90
US$ 96
US$ 87
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai)
US$ 85
US$ 73
US$ 91
US$ 66
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 75/night.

Savera Hotel(Chennai)
US$ 64
US$ 57
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 64/night.

The Residency(Chennai)
US$ 67
US$ 78
US$ 71
US$ 179
1,674 results
All reviewsq barrooftop barthe executive loungemetro stationindian restaurantbusiness tripexcellent serviceclose to the airportexcellent hotelspecial thanksexcellent staybreakfast buffetspecial mentionrestaurant staffquality of foodrooms are spaciousin room dining
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The good: it's a beautiful building on the inside, and the rooms are small but very well appointed. A+.
The bad: It's infested with mold, very badly on the 4th floor. F.

At premium prices (two hundred-ish), I expected a lot more from this fairly new Hilton in Chennai. It's about 30 minutes from the airport (mostly because of traffic) and about the same time to downtown Chennai. But there's not a lot in the area of the hotel, and no view other than neighboring rooftops and the metro construction in front.

The fourth (executive) floor smelled very strongly of mold/mildew, and large pieces of wallpaper are hanging down, with mold growing on the exposed drywall underneath. I only smelled it faintly from within the room and stayed where I was, but woke up in the morning with itchy eyes and a sore throat. I checked out after one night, mentioning the mold, and the response was "Oh yes, we're aware of it."

As a HH gold member I had access to the executive lounge, which is very nicely decorated and had a small selection of beverages. But the food served during "happy hour" and breakfast was sparse and not hot.

On the upside, the staff is very pleasant. I personally witnessed staff in the lounge catering professionally to some fairly capricious guest requests, so they certainly do their best to please. A good scrub-down and a lower price-point, and this could be an excellent hotel, especially for business. I moved over to the Accord Metropolitan at half the price and a star down, and am much happier.

Room Tip: Stay away from the moldy 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank hbyerly
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit with us and I'm very sorry you were unhappy with the overall experience.

As a newly build hotel, we are constantly monitoring and fine tuning the perfect completion of the hotel, and I apologize for the incident reported by you. I am pleased to inform you that we have of course taken steps to rectified the defects reported by you.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed the services you experienced from the team in the hotel, and I took note of your comment on the food offering in the executive lounge. I have discussed this feedback with the Director of Operations and he will share the comments with the team in the lounge, to ensure consistent high quality of our food offerings in the Executive lounge.

Thank you again for your feedback regarding the hotel, as it gives us the opportunity to further improve our product and service delivery.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Chennai in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

This is the second time that I have stayed at this property. My first trip was when it first opened, so they were still working out the kinks in their process. However, this trip was much better. The restaurants are all very nice, especially on the roof. I would suggest contacting the hotel directly to get a better rate, especially if you are a HHonors member. Depending on where you are going in Chennai, it is a good choice (Raintree is also one of my favorites).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank jrmassie_kc
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback after your recent stay at the Hilton Chennai.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and I sincerely hope to welcoming you back again next time you are traveling to Chennai.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

We visited Hilon Chennai for busines trip for the first week of Novemebr . The hotel is good and more than that the location is vey ideal. It is just 15 mts, of course with out trafic jams, to reach the air port, chennai.
The facilities with in the hotel also is good
Regards
Saravanan

Room Tip: nothing specific
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank savinbnt
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on this site.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay in our Hotel, and we sincerely hope to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

This is one of the best foreign hotel group in the city,,,,Located very near to Chennai's Olympia IT Park....

The food and the service in the hotel is Awesome...But people will avoid visiting for one and only reason is the Traffic....Which is situated near a Chennai's Biggest Bridge junction called Guindy Katipara....Any day any time if you see a Google map via of this hotel...you will see the worst traffic...Apart from the location when you go inside the hotel....The service will make you speechless...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank r_aperumal
mangarg, Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is highly appreciated and we thank you for sharing this with us.

Unfortunately the development of the overhead metro rail in Chennai has an impact on the overall traffic flow in the city.

We are however very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and we look forward welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards

Manish Garg
Director of Operations

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Had a very bad experience at the Chennai Hilton, The ambience is excellent. But the service, especially front desk is terrible. They took more than 20 minutes for check out and the front desk staff have no idea of what is happening in this hotel. They did not give me proper bills and even on enquiry they are lost. Once I reached back my destination, I realized they have not given me a bill. On contacting the hotel, I get a typical Government organization responses, finally one guy was quick and gave me the bills which others were delaying with absurd excuses for more than 4 hours. Avoid this hotel at all cost.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank J J
mangarg, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time for sharing your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Chennai. Feedback is important, good or bad, and rest assured your comments will be looked into and action will be taken to avoid repetition in the future if required.

I find it unfortunate that we did not have a chance to meet during your visit. The feedback we have received about the front desk team members in general has been very positive since to opening of the hotel, I am therefore very keen to understand more about your experience, and please contact me by email if you wish to discuss this matter with me directly.

I sincerely regret the incidents reported by you has clouded your overall impression of the hotel, and I sincerely hope you do visit the hotel again in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,