“Best Hotel near the Olympia IT Park”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #11 of 437 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This is one of the best foreign hotel group in the city,,,,Located very near to Chennai's Olympia IT Park....

The food and the service in the hotel is Awesome...But people will avoid visiting for one and only reason is the Traffic....Which is situated near a Chennai's Biggest Bridge junction called Guindy Katipara....Any day any time if you see a Google map via of this hotel...you will see the worst traffic...Apart from the location when you go inside the hotel....The service will make you speechless...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank r_aperumal
mangarg, Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is highly appreciated and we thank you for sharing this with us.

Unfortunately the development of the overhead metro rail in Chennai has an impact on the overall traffic flow in the city.

We are however very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and we look forward welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Had a very bad experience at the Chennai Hilton, The ambience is excellent. But the service, especially front desk is terrible. They took more than 20 minutes for check out and the front desk staff have no idea of what is happening in this hotel. They did not give me proper bills and even on enquiry they are lost. Once I reached back my destination, I realized they have not given me a bill. On contacting the hotel, I get a typical Government organization responses, finally one guy was quick and gave me the bills which others were delaying with absurd excuses for more than 4 hours. Avoid this hotel at all cost.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank J J
mangarg, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time for sharing your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Chennai. Feedback is important, good or bad, and rest assured your comments will be looked into and action will be taken to avoid repetition in the future if required.

I find it unfortunate that we did not have a chance to meet during your visit. The feedback we have received about the front desk team members in general has been very positive since to opening of the hotel, I am therefore very keen to understand more about your experience, and please contact me by email if you wish to discuss this matter with me directly.

I sincerely regret the incidents reported by you has clouded your overall impression of the hotel, and I sincerely hope you do visit the hotel again in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Director Of Operations
manish.garg@hilton.com

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Travelled to Chennai for work at Olympia Tech Park so location was ideal for me ( easier to walk to Olympia because of one way and traffic means it takes longer by car) Also ideal as an HHonors member. Hotel has only recently opened and is beautiful, finished to a modern and high standard. Reception was extremely welcoming and friendly and I was offered a cold drink on arrival and escorted to to my fabulous suite room which was spotlessly clean and comfy.
The 3 room bathroom was amazing, with a TV built into the wall beside the bath, monsoon shower and packed with usual Hilton LaSource toiletries. It all felt quite luxurious.
I was given access to the Executive lounge where the service was also superb, everyone was so courteous, polite and could not do enough for me.
Food was delicious and I particularly enjoyed breakfasts in the restaurant and was spoilt for choice with the variety of the buffets and freshly made to order selections.
There is a bakery in reception which I did not try but the smells made it quite tempting.
My only gripe was that I don't think the hotel is quite finished as construction noise started up around 8am.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank runoutofideas
mangarg, Director Of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Hilton Chennai !!

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us have your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Chennai. Feedback is an essential tool that we use in our business to ensure that the levels of guest satisfaction we provide maintain and enhance the proud reputation that is synonymous with the Hilton brand .

We thank you for your honest feedback and as mentioned by you the hotel is finished, however we are currently completing the final work on the Indian Restaurant which will be a very exciting additional dining experience to the rest of the hotel and we sincerely hope you will try the next time you are at Hilton Chennai .

We trust the services received at the Hilton Chennai were up to your satisfaction and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contac me at manish.garg@hilton.com.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future .

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I went there to book rooms for my friends honeymoon. When i stepped in I was greeted nicely by the doorman & approached frontdesk. I got the quotes for the room, which were acceptable. However I wanted to see rooms before finalizing the same to which the girl at the front desk agreed. However there was a manager/supervisor who came barging in & mentioned that there are no rooms available. I did not understand what was going on & had to move out feeling embarrassed in front of my colleagues.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ab25hyd
mangarg, Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us have your comments with regards to your recent visit to Hilton Chennai. Feedback is an essential tool that we use in our business to ensure that the levels of guest satisfaction we provide maintain and enhance the proud reputation that is synonymous with the Hilton brand. I am confident that having had the area highlighted in your e-mail responsible action would be taken; please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and be rest assured your comments have received our strictest priority and sternest attention to prevent a re-occurrence. We trust the rest of the services received at the Hilton Chennai were up to your satisfaction and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate in contacting me. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in near future.

Also please find my email id furnished below to discuss .

Best Regards

email id :manish.garg@hilton.com

Reviewed 17 September 2011

The Chennai Hilton is a well-organized place with friendly staff and good food/services. I stayed on business for 2 nights and was favorably impressed. Reception was friendly, check in efficient. The rooms are immaculately maintained and have all comfort that you expect at this price point. Furnishings are modern and I loved the bathroom and rain shower. Any request that you may have such as dry-cleaning of suits etc is handled efficiently and you don't have to call around to ask them to bring your suit, they pack it in a protective cover and carefully hang it in your closet. I can unreservedly recommend it to any business traveller coming to Chennai. Added benefit which should be normal but is rather exceptional in India: the hotel is QUIET, no hammering or renovation to be heard and a lot of thought has gone into soundproofing the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Xenophon2NewDelhi
mangarg, Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2011

Dear Sir

We trust the services received at the Hilton Chennai were up to your satisfaction and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate in contacting me.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in near future