1,801 results
All reviews q bar rooftop bar executive lounge metro station indian restaurant business trip close to the airport the entire staff excellent hotel special thanks excellent stay special mention restaurant staff rooms are spacious quality of food in room dining coffee shop
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Myself, my wife and son had visited your Vasco Restaurant,at Hilton,Chennai this evening(07-May-2011) for dinner. We all enjoyed the food and services.

However, after the dinner when we requested for mouth freshners, we were informed that it is available only in Room Services. I was shocked by this reply. In fact we regularly go for dinners and also as room guests at ITC group, Taj etc and we always use to get mouth freshners at their Restaurants. In room services, we get all dental kit, shaving kit etc. But the first time in your Hotel that mouth freshners are available in Room services and not in restaurant.

I think if Hotel is only to cater to foreigners and not for Indians, they may very well remove all the Indian dishes from their menu also mention Indians are not allowed. Since it is Indian culture to have mouth freshners than the foreigners.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RangarajanG
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website and we appreciate your feedback.

Indeed, we did not serve the mouth refreshers as we were still waiting for the pre packed samples. The quality that we were hoping for was not readily available here hence the delay. You would be delighted to note however that we have, since your comments was received by the Food and Beverage Manager, had implemented a back up for guest who do request them whilst we await the approved the pre packed mouth refreshers.

We do realise that you have a choice and we do apologize for not meeting your expectation on this visit. We do thank you for your feedback which will help us in improving our service to the local audience.

Reviewed 29 April 2011

really i liked that environment and hospitality .. the food quality is awesome, there is no crowd and best place for business people , cost some what high,transportation is also fine in this hotel, bar also available but no more crowd there,if you want to stay alone with your family this hotel is best one.. :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank rajeshrjsh
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website and we appreciate the feedback.
We appreciate the comments on the ambience of the hotel being suitable for the business guest and families.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

Stayed in the new Hilton - chose the hotel because of the location - 10min from Airport and I was coming in at midnight from an international flight. Was surprised that the hotel did not have a complimentary airport transfer - considering it is so close to the airport. The building was new, the staff was friendly, but the systems were still not it place. They took my passport down (they had a weird system of wanting to do the checkin in the room) and returned it after 10min, while I waited to go to bed. And called up again to say can they take my credit card to enter the details. The whole purpose of choosing the hotel for a quick shut-eye was lost. And I was surprised that the room tariff I paid did not have breakfast included. Partly my mistake for having not verified, but then the price was steep enough (INR 7000+) that I assumed Br.Fast was included.
And while the corridors were spacious and the quality of interiors was very good, the room was much smallar than what it should be.
Not a good value for money, there are atleast 3-4 better hotels.
And worst of all was the view - what I could see from my room was a low-end neighbourhood and a terrace bathroom with hectic morning time activity. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Choose the ones which overlook the front.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank sreedharpothukuchi
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Dear Sreedhar,

We thank you for your response to our email and are pleased that despite the negative experience , there had been some positive ones.

We have updated your profile with your preferences and we look forward to having you with us again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

I stayed twice in the newly opened Hilton Chennai in two weeks time.
The first time I was given a room at the street side of the hotel on the seventh floor. The result is that instead of having a good sleep you can enjoy the noisy traffic of Chennai. I was amazed about the number of different sounds of horns there exist, but be sure at that side of the hotel you can enjoy each and every one of them.
After mentioning to the staff that this was a very noisy room they started to apologize and assured me that they would make a note that, when I returned the week after, I would have a very quiet room.
The staff is very polite and very friendly.
The week after I returned and I received a room at the street side but on the sixth floor. One floor closer to the noisy traffic. I complained again and the promised me to shift me to another room before the evening, and indeed they shifted me back to the seventh floor, next to the corner with a wonderful view on the noisy traffic of Chennai. As a result I had the concert of blowing horns again.
This hotel is not built with material that can resist the noisy traffic.
It would be much better to have a less polite and friendly staff but a staff that keeps his promises!
For the people who want to have a good night of rest avoid this hotel, there are much better hotels in Chennai that are even not that expensive. For those who want to enjoy the noisy traffic of Chennai and enjoy to say that they have stayed in the Hilton: enjoy your sleepless nights.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank StanDeSmet

Dear Mr De Smet,

We thank you for your comments on this website and we do appreciate your constructive feeback.

We have taken the issue up with the Operations Team and corrective measure are being taken with rooms located on street side of the building and to check the double glazed vacuum sealed windows again.

Having said that, we have also updated your profile to ensure a quiet room is always assigned for all your visits.

We do look forward to welcoming you back and to experience our warm Hilton Chennai experience which we had failed to deliver on your last visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2011

As per the previous reviewer this is a great new hotel in Chennai.
The staff are the outstanding feature of this hotel with the utmost courtesy & manners, Yes they are still waiting for their drinks licence but in the meantime they are mixing some fantastic non-alcholic cocktails. The pool is due to open late April & that will make a huge difference here.

Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly share your comments with the team.

Indeed, whilst not having the alcohol license had been dissappointing, we are indeed encourage to read that the team have not allowed this to put a damper on their excitement at finally opening the hotel and looking after our guest.

We do look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the not so distant future where you can experience all of our services and facilities.