“Cozy ambience and tasty oriental food”

The Oriental Blossom
Ranked #246 of 6,697 Restaurants in Chennai
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A fine dining Pan Asian & Chinese cuisine restaurant specializes in Szechwan, Japanese, Korean Cuisine. It boasts of a Teppanyaki grill for live cooking. Located on the lobby level, The Oriental Blossom is open for Dinner through the week and for lunch on week-ends.
Reviewed 18 April 2017

This restaurant has been my choice for Chinese food in the vicinity of my residence and I have always enjoyed their food and the services by remarkably friendly staff. In my last visit couple of days ago I tried the Teppanyaki grill. The mixed grill menu was well balanced with the items and the Chef was warm and friendly in taking us through the course. Though technically I am not sure, I suggest that the Teppanyaki includes a vegetarian menu as well. However, the Chef did prepare an excellent veg dish for my wife. Enjoyable place.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Visited this restaurant with my friend. As it was Sunday evening, and also ever since the liquor ban on hotels and pubs close to the highway, there was very little crowd. This restaurant was the only one in the hotel that serves a la carte food (the other one serves offers buffet only). The live counter was closed but surprised to know that they also serve food from the Indian Menu as well. So we ordered a combination of dishes from both the Indian and Chinese menus. They do offer a set buffet (Chinese) but we didn't quite have the appetite for buffet. So, we ordered from their menu.

Soup was chicken chowder, thick subtle and pleasant, a welcome change from the usual hot and sour soup that we order. The starter was Cantonese Whole Roast chicken which I have to say that was fantastic, well roasted, the spice mix was great not very oily and neither was it hot or spicy...meat was well done..the spice mix was great, quite flavourful. The main course was a few parathas, plain rice and a mixed vegetable gravy (don't recall the exact name) - all quite good. Service was prompt and courteous as well.

Definitely recommend this restaurant for their food and service. The interiors were ok, nothing to wow you, but definitely a place to have good food in a quiet ambience.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

When ever we visit this restaurant we are greeted warmly with a Chinese face (of course from North East). The Crab Meat soup, Pepper fry squids for the starters and main curse of our choice are always adorable. Chef many times visit us to understand our needs of the day and prepare to our taste is more interesting. You will feel at home while looking at ambiance. Nice place to eat out a real chinese.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

By far the best Oriental cuisine restaurant in Chennai where you will get authentic tastes and not the indianised versions... Must visit place if you want to have authentic taste with five star service.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Found this restaurant on Zomato which had a 3.6 rating and decided to try it out as I liked their menu and was most interested to try out their Fig Dates Walnut Wanton. So here is what happened when we decided to visit this restaurant for dinner that day.
1) The ambience was great plus there was barely any crowd when we went on a weekday at 10:15 PM. However for them to give us a menu card took time.
2) Secondly the order of the first starter Crispy Mushroom Schezwan style took quite some time but when it was served it not only tasted good but the quantity of the starter too was good for two people.
3) The next starter Chicken Chilli again took considerable time to reach our table and tasted more like it was cooked with Schezwan sauce rather than Soya sauce. So there was no difference in the taste compared to the Crispy Mushroom Schezwan which we had earlier.
4) The Pan Fried noodles were very average and so was the Fried ice cream.
5) BUT the HIGHLIGHT of the dinner was the Fig Dates Walnut Wanton which I was dying to try. It came topped with Ice-cream and one bite of it told me that it wasn’t a Fig Dates Walnut filling. On closer inspection we realised that it was fried onions (I guessed that there was a mix up as they serve onion pancakes too) - but fried onions with ice cream totally put us off. We asked for the manager to meet us but guess he was too busy and just sent the two waiters who were serving us to apologize. We felt sorry for the waiters who offered to get us the real Fig Dates Walnut wanton but we declined and went instead for another round of Fried ice cream as the bill was already served to us before we could finish our dinner and we didn’t want to have that changed since every service here was taking too much time.

The irony of our experience was that the bill was the only thing which was prompt, delivered before time and we didn’t even ask for it.

This may have been an honest mistake as no restaurant would want their customers to go through this kind of experience but the restaurant has to also work on providing Good customer service along with providing great food too.