“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient”

Ranked #2 of 417 Chennai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Pleasant Stay Guest House is a hidden jewel within the hustle and bustle of Chennai, India. It is conveniently located near the airport in St. Thomas Mount. The accommodations are clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The management and staff very helpful. Delicious home cooked breakfast is available for an additional charge. They will even help you hire a taxi. I highly recommend Pleasant Stay Guest House for your next visit to Chennai.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve C
pleasantstay2004, Owner at Pleasant Stay Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write in TripAdvisor, we appreciate your comment on our guest house.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

It was a pleasant experience of stay during my visit to Chennai. A homely stay away from home. The hospitality shown by the owner Mr. George was uncomparable. When you enter the building it gives feeling of peace. The corridoor and lobby is very nicely decorated and quite clean. The rooms are quite spacious. each and every article in rooms and lobby are nicely placed gives a feeling of closeliness to nature, no congestion of articles, very spacious wardrobe. the rates are very reasonable as compare to similar accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sanjeev1961

Reviewed 24 August 2012

There's something to be said about an innkeeper and his values concerning his customers. George exemplifies the true meaning of customer service and value added to his guests. The home is tastefully manicured in sophistication and comfort. The guest house itself is located strategically near the airport. George will assist your every need to make your stay memorable and enjoyable. Well done, George! It's our place to stay in Chennai!

Room Tip: There are priced very reasonably. All rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 August 2012

My humanitarian work takes me to many locations in India and South East Asia. If I could only move Pleasant Stay Guest house to each location that I travel to and also take the fantastic people that own and operate it then I would be a happy traveler. I feel safe at the Guest house, the place is immaculately clean, hot water, clean beds and everything you need Plus you have George the owner and his wife who are so kind, considerate and accommodating. I will stay there many times in the future and highly recommend this guest house to any one traveling in this area of India. Even if it is a bit out of your way it is well worth the drive and so reasonably priced. As I said I would be very happy with this guest house any where even in America.
Thank you George for making this little Oasis available.
Jim Harris

Room Tip: All rooms there are very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jameswilliam40

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Pleasant Stay Guest House is truly one of the best accommodation experiences I have ever had. The house itself is beautiful--with spacious, incredibly well-kept rooms. The location was good, too, immediately adjacent to an important landmark (St. Thomas Mount), and reasonably close to the suburban rail network, which is helpful for getting into city center. Hands-down, though, the best part of the stay was Mr. George, the owner, who consistently astounded me with his dedication and assistance in making sure that everything was going well with my trip, whether getting up early to arrange taxis for me or pouring over books with me and carefully planning out weekend excursions with me. He even wrote out directions to the guest house in Tamil for me to show to cab/auto drivers if I got lost. You could not get this level of personal attention at a luxury 5-star resort. I cannot recommend this guest house highly enough. Particularly recommended for women traveling alone or those unused to India.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo