“Perfect for business travel to Chennai”

Ranked #36 of 395 Hotels in Chennai
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect for business travel to Chennai”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I was staying at Lemon Tree for 10 days in June 2012, and was extremely happy with the service they provided. The rooms are very nicely done, the service is excellent, common areas are great too!

The approach to major attractions in the city is convenient as well, irrespective of you being a public transport explorer or a taxi traveler. There are many buses from Saidapet that will take you to all corners of the city, and call taxis are easy to get from around the hotel

I did not have lunch or dinner at the hotel, however the breakfast was exceptionally good except for North Indian food... the paranthas were more like papads, and the curry without taste the two times I tried it in about 10.. I went back to the South Indian options of Sambhar, Idli, Vada and they were outstanding! The bakery items and choices of juice were great too!

A few negatives though...

1. There channels on TV were very limited, and a lot of them scrambled. I would expect a good digital transmission at the cost of Lemon Tree hotels
2. The hotel needs to train their cook on making North India dishes (this is from my experience with the breakfast)

To summarize, I am very happy with what I got at Lemon Tree, and am looking forward to staying there again when I travel to Chennai!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Chennai, Kalpakkam
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Have been there for a dinner arranged for my colleagues. Went for Buffet dinner... The restaurant was small and so confined... Dishes kept were very few and not tasty.. Buffet Dinner does not worth for the amount paid.. I would not suggest anyone this restaurant for buffet.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai.

We have studied the issues mentioned by you and are relooking at our processes so that our guests can have a more comfortable experience with us.

Our buffet offering has been designed keep in mind the needs of a business consumer who is looking for a quick hot meal at a reasonable price. We thank you for your feedback and are working on how we can improve it and make it a delightful experience.

Do give us another opportunity to serve you, may I request you to email your booking directly to me at sanjay.das@lemontreehotels.com so that I can handle it personally.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed at Lemon tree when I went to VIT for receruitment. First of all the room tariffs are quite high and secondly the taxi charge from Chennai to VIT was exorbitant. It cost me much more than the call taxi rates in Delhi NCR. I was literally shocked when I saw their charge but didn't have any choice. The food and other service was average and nothing to boast about. Would not recommend for a personal stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank man4kor
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai. May I first apologize for your experience at our hotel and for not meeting your expectations fully.

Our room rates and transport prices have been benchmarked against the mid priced segment in each city and we position ourselves competitively priced vis-a-vis other similar hotels.

Please give us another opportunity to show you Lemon Tree’s true hospitality. Do email me at sanjay.das@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Really recommend it for a short stay in chennai... the hotel is clean, close to the airport and the restaurant serves from good food. It is very comfortable indeed and the staff are really well mannered.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KrishnaCS
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed in Lemon Tree for business purpose. The rooms are overtly expensive and definitely not worth the money spent. The rooms are very small, hardly any space to move - reminded me of small rooms in Hong Kong. The room service options though good and tasty but again overtly expensive. The service is very poor and lackluster. Hotel staff is very arrogant and least courteous. It took me almost an hour to check-out due to some issues in billing. Definitely not worth the money spent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We have studied all the issues mentioned by you and are relooking at our processes so that our guests can have a more comfortable stay with us. Specifically,
• This hotel has been built in line with international 3 to 4 star hotels and we offer rooms of varying sizes, which are priced appropriately. Customers who prefer a bigger room with queen/king bed, can choose an appropriate room while booking.
• We apologize again for the service you experienced and have re-briefed our team to engage with all customers in a friendly and caring manner – which is what Lemon Tree is known for.
• Our menus have been priced in line with other hotels in the mid-market space, in fact we have been careful to extend the idea of right pricing to all services in the hotel and not just the room rate.