I was staying at Lemon Tree for 10 days in June 2012, and was extremely happy with the service they provided. The rooms are very nicely done, the service is excellent, common areas are great too!
The approach to major attractions in the city is convenient as well, irrespective of you being a public transport explorer or a taxi traveler. There are many buses from Saidapet that will take you to all corners of the city, and call taxis are easy to get from around the hotel
I did not have lunch or dinner at the hotel, however the breakfast was exceptionally good except for North Indian food... the paranthas were more like papads, and the curry without taste the two times I tried it in about 10.. I went back to the South Indian options of Sambhar, Idli, Vada and they were outstanding! The bakery items and choices of juice were great too!
A few negatives though...
1. There channels on TV were very limited, and a lot of them scrambled. I would expect a good digital transmission at the cost of Lemon Tree hotels
2. The hotel needs to train their cook on making North India dishes (this is from my experience with the breakfast)
To summarize, I am very happy with what I got at Lemon Tree, and am looking forward to staying there again when I travel to Chennai!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centrally air conditioned hotel offer 108 rooms, studio rooms and suites, business center, meeting rooms, a 24x7 multi-cuisine coffee shop - Citrus Café, a hip recreation bar – Slounge, as well as an outdoor pool and fitness center to keep you feeling fresh-as-a-lemon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)