1,426 results
All reviews mediterranean restaurant spencer plaza rooftop pool business hotel express mall value for money the heart of the city in room dining top floor business trip excellent service coffee shop anna salai duty manager welcome drink excellent hotel excellent stay
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Our stay at the Taj was nice. Breakfast was brilliant, an array of choices for those who are veg and non-veg.

The rooms were clean and a good size. We stayed in room 206. All the staff are friendly and made a point of saying hello and I wished us a pleasant day etc. The Security staff are welcoming, and extremely professional!

The hotel is close to lots of places to visit and eat. The Express and Spencer Malls are close by. Use OLA or UBER if you want to get around Chennai. The hotel’s taxis service is extremely expensive! So, keep on using the local taxis’ or as we found OLA or UBER if you need to get around Chennai. Note. If you do not have access to a phone, the hotel will not contact OLA or UBER, so if you are from the UK, make sure you have access to a local phone number.

If we were to visit Chennai again we will stay at the TAJ, as it is worth paying a little extra to stay somewhere pleasant and comfortable.

Elaine & Raj

Room tip: We stayed in Room 206
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel during a short trip to Chennai. Hotel is located at the center of city but with silent and peaceful environment. Hotel have large room with cordial interiors and helpful staff. Two big shopping malls Express avenue and Spencer plaza are at walkable distance.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Chitra_Saleem_TCH, General Manager at Taj Club House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Greetings from Taj Club House!

I would like to thank you for sparing your valuable time to write in to us. I am pleased to note that our services measured up to your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you at Taj Club House whenever you plan your next visit.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best of attention and services at all times.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Nice place to stay with good rooms and food. The hotel is near the busy Mount Road, but the hotel environment is very silent. The rooms are well laid and comfortable. The food and service is very good. I will recommend this hotel for both business and personal stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings from Taj Club House!

This is a short note to thank you for your patronage and your recent stay with us ! I’m pleased to note that you had a comfortable stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Upon my arrival front desk was extremely helpful to accommodate my preferences may be due to low occupancy but I appreciate there standard talk and assistance. House keeping very prompt so does engineering for some unknown issue. We wanted to enjoy dinner in hotel but buffet at coffee shop not a attractive value for money spread and roof top restaurant closes by 11. Overall good experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chitra_Saleem_TCH, General Manager at Taj Club House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic time staying here in July and Sep. The staff are very friendly, personable and accommodating. Nothing is too much trouble. They make a real effort to get to know you and greet you every day temembering your room number, name, what you like to drink at breakfast etc. The chef even asked if I would like anything special cooked. Rajeshwari was especially friendly and went out of her way to check on me every day and to whatever she could to make my stay very comfortable. She gave me her pers mobile in case of need and always sorted any extra requests out for me. She even came to my room one morning to help me dress in a sari. For any ladies travelling alone she is a Godsend and takes any stress out of trying to settle in. It is a very chilled relaxing hotel which serves fantastic food in all 3 restaurants abd on Weds and Sat night if you are up for it then the bar is bouncing after midnight. I would definitely recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled on business