1,379 results
All reviewsmediterranean restaurantspencer plazarooftop poolbusiness hotelexpress mallvalue for moneythe heart of the cityin room diningtop floorcoffee shopbusiness tripanna salaiduty managerexcellent hotelwelcome drinkroom servicebuffet breakfast
Reviewed 28 October 2012

While I think the facilities are average, not exceptional the service is. Good dining options, excellent gym and pool too. Their prices for local transport are much higher than the local cab services. Internet wifi is paid which is a weird thing in most hotels in India anyway. Centrally located.

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 October 2012

After three weeks travelling around Southern India it was wonderful to spend our last two nights at the Taj Clubhouse. Loved our room, the television was huge, shower had a massage function, great choice of restaurants, the first night we went to the Indian(forget name) after enjoying a few drinks at the bar lounge, the staff and service was exceptional, the black dahl delicious and the chef coming and speaking to diners added a lovely personal touch. For a huge hotel the staff were personable and charming. The second night we enjoyed a char grill where you selected your meat and/or seafood, also included an option to include drinks. Great evening, fine dining.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I have stayd twice in this property in the last 1 year and it has been an overall good experience. The first time around their pool was getting repaired but the functional gym helped. On my second trip, the rains played spoilsport and thus I stayed indoors.

The hotel personnel were very attentive and upgraded me to a better room as this was my second visit. Sadly, the room was on 6th floor (606) and right below a restaurant). I had a tough time at night as there was a lot of nose right till 2 AM.

Would advise light sleepers to avoid 606 and rooms around that vicinity as I am not a light sleeper and still found the noise irritating. Thankfully, this was taken care of and I didn't notice any noise for the next 2 nights.

The restaurant, Club House seves excellent breakfast, though I would still prefer my Idlis from specialist Idli joints around Chennai. The restaurant spread is big with a lot of choice though, the layout kind of creates some chaos in your mind as you go to 3 different ends of the restaurant to enjoy different kinds of food.

The lounge at the ground floor looks very inviting and is rocking till past midnight but that's still one place in the property I haven't had the chance to visit.

Overall, the property is great except :

1. The place doesn't have a great view and
2. It is not located on a high street

As a business hotel, it gets my full points. Whatever the hotel, lacks in character, is made up amply by the welcoming staff and impeccable service.

Room Tip: Avoid the 60* seris of roosm on the op floor, they are right at the end fo the hotel with rooms belowthe restaurant which could be a challenge sometimes for the light sleeper
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Stayed 4 night here and feel very comfortalbe. It is at the center of the city and near the biggest shopping mall (Express Avenue). The facilities are very good and service is excellent (except when you need a Taxi, it usually takes you one hour to wait). Like most of Indian hotels it does not provide free WI-FI in the room. I am unlucky to catch the raining season. It rains every day. There are waterlogging in many streets and the traffic jam in Chennai is as bad as in Mumbai. If you come to Chennai during raining season calling a Taxi and traffic is a big problem.

Room Tip: The Taj Coromandel is the only 4 kilometers away from this hotel with the same price and has even better facilities. You can choose either of them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I was a long stay guest at the Taj Clubhouse and throughout my stay I couldn’t have asked for more. Everyone greets you with a genuinely warm welcome. I hesitate to use the work "Staff" as I view the fantastic employees at the Taj Clubhouse more as friends rather than staff.
This is one of these hotels you come across while travelling where it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what makes it special - there's just something about it. However, there are a few names/ teams that deserve a mention: Janci (houskeeping), All the guys and girls at Blend, beyond Indus, Kefi and Deepa Krishnan who was simply a star.

Room Tip: Try and avoid anywhere below the roof-top bar as the scraping of the bar stools just resonates down through all the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business