1,374 results
All reviewsmediterranean restaurantspencer plazarooftop poolbusiness hotelexpress mallvalue for moneythe heart of the cityin room diningtop floorcoffee shopbusiness tripanna salaiduty managerexcellent hotelwelcome drinkroom servicebuffet breakfast
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My first experience with the Taj is a missed pick-up at the Chennai airport. I spent 20 minutes trying to find the driver, and even with help, we could not find the driver. This left me with no choice but to take a cab. As a woman traveling alone, that left me in a very vulnerable position. After spending a very long time trying to find the hotel I expressed my disappointment with the concierge; he blamed me, and told me the driver was there. That is incredible customer service right there.
Things did not go up hill from there. I was using meeting space at the hotel on the 6th floor, and I had to stop my session two or three times to have batteries replaced and the sound fixed. They also had construction occurring at the same time, even when I requested that they wait until the end of my session, I had 70 people in my session...this was not a small event, but they just didn't appear to care.
I am giving them 3-star instead of two because there were some extremely helpful staff members in banquet services who made up for some of my poor experience. This place needs to step it up if they want our business again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank jsmitherscsi
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I have just returned from a week long stay at this wonderful hotel - I can't praise it enough - from the moment we arrived we were greeted by a lovely young man called Revanth who made it his personal business to look after us for the duration of our stay, including helping when I fell sick on the last day by getting medicines from a local pharmacy. We were treated like old friends by everyone from the security guards to the cleaning staff by the end of our stay! The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the pool is heavenly on the roof with a view of the city, the staff are courteous and helpful without exception and it is a cool and welcoming haven from the heat of Chennai. The best thing of all though was eating in the Beyond Indus restaurant where we had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of the famous chef Mr Nisi Kant who is just a wonderful cook and so enthusiastic and friendly - he came to speak to us personally every day, shared stories and recipe ideas with us, treated us so well and with such kindness - and on the last day he and his colleagues arranged a special goodbye meal with a decorated table and specially prepared messages for us. When I fell sick he personally telephoned the room to ask if we would like him to send me up something light to eat. We were incredibly touched by his kindness and attention and I am very sorry to have left this wonderful hotel to come back to the comparatively dreary service culture we get in the UK. Would like to extend a huge thank you to everybody at this hotel and will definitely be staying there again on our next trip to Chennai.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank traveller12345_12
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I was fortunate to spent 3 weeks of my time in Chennai at the Taj Club House at Mount Road. In terms of exterior and interior, they are pretty much average, but I overlooked all these as the service is top notch, one of the best hotel service experiences that I ever had. The food is excellent, be sure to stop by Beyond Indus Indian Restaurant by the Deli. I had one of the best Indian food in this restaurant, the sous chef, Nisi Kant is an excellent cook, and never fails to come by my table to greet me every time i had my dinner there. Another restaurant to take note is the Mediterranean restaurant on the roof top - Kefi. The Cafe next to the front desk has decent buffet in certain days, one of the managers of the cafe was very considerate and when my lunch order was missed, he had it delivered to my office.

I had the one of the best sleep here, the pillows are just right, the housekeeping kept my water needs by giving me extra bottle of water. The hotel is very near to the Express Avenue Mall (walking distance) and the famous Spencer's Shopping Center.

On my last day here, the staff was very sweet, each one of them came and said goodbye to me and saw me off.

To quote the 80s sitcom - Cheers' theme song..this is the place where "everybody knows your name"

Special thanks to the front desk staff especially Rabiratan, Revanth and the others who made my stay here pleasant, and also the friendly and bubbly Deepa Krishnan who helped me with the reservations for the other Taj hotel in Delhi and Agra. Last but not least, Mr, Sharma, the front office manager who does not just treated me as a guest but as part of the Taj Club House family..

* compared the Taj and Hilton in Chennai, you will not have this kind of 5 star service at the Hilton even though you are paying more.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The hotel reception staff were welcoming and always ready to assist, whether it was baggage, a local SIM card or restaurant information. The hotel has a nice ambience with comfortable rooms, restaurants and lobby.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SJN514
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We were on our way back from TIRUPATI where we had the most amazing darshan and decided to stay in TAJ CLUB Chennai for 2 nites on our way back to Singapore .We have no regrets as we were welcomed and made to feel so much at home on arrival and all thrrough our stay.Thankyou !!

We would like to thank Jithesh,Rabi,Shaan Narishiman and all the staff in the front office for all the efforts they put in to ensure that we had the most comfortable and memorable stay at TAJ CLUB !!

TtHANKYOU GUYS!! I definately would highly recommend your hotel since I'm running a travel agency in Singapore!! The location,food,service ......all not only good but excellent!!! Keep it up!!

Room Tip: unfortunately the spa was under renovation .
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends