1,392 results
All reviews mediterranean restaurant spencer plaza rooftop pool business hotel express mall value for money the heart of the city in room dining top floor coffee shop business trip anna salai duty manager excellent hotel welcome drink room service buffet breakfast
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I visit Chennai on business occasionally; found Taj to be best in service and Quality. Staff is curtious and very hospitable. Room I stayed was up to the mark clean and comfortable with no noise at all. Food Quality is good with lots of options and the chef looked after my requirements perfect to the mark.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I have stayed in this hotel more than once and i love this place. It is a little far from the airport and you should budget a little more than an hour from the airport. I have stayed in their smoking rooms and non smoking rooms. They have a small nook in the ground floor where one can smoke if you want to. The bar is next to it.

What stands out is the service. I have checked in and out at odd hours (After 12 in the night checked in and left before 4am) and was always greeted with a smile.

They go that little extra mile - Upgrade you to a better and bigger room if that is available and if you are nice. They gave me a complimentary packed breakfast after i checked out two times in the morning without having breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AvikC
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Taj Club House for one night. We got a great deal on Expedia. In addition, we got upgraded to a larger room. The room was nice and spacious and the bed was comfortable. We didn't eat at the restaurants on the premises, but the service was excellent. I get the feeling that the hotel is not very popular with visitors of Chennai. In my opinion, it should be among the first few choices for travelers to the city

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sriram T
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Instead of staying at Taj Connemara like always, I had to stay one night here because the former was full. And I was lucky to get a double upgrade to an executive suite. The suite is a real luxury experience and amazingly groomed staff - exactly what you expect from a Taj hotel. And I dont know why, but among all the hotel stays in last 2 years, I had the best sleep here.
The services are prompt and the amenities in the room just match the quality of the hotel. Just the perfect stay, though one night is too small to make a judgement, I would prefer to stay here over Sheraton Park or Le Meridien for the same prices.

Room Tip: Try to roof top Mediterranean restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Firstly the location of the hotel is great, at the intersection of 2 main arteries of Chennai. The EA mall (which I'm told is the biggest in South India) is a short stroll away. We booked a Club room. It was satisfactory, bathroom on the smaller side. Though there is a Club lounge, it does not particularly ofeer best of all facilities. I complained about the lack of services available for Club rooms to the GM who resolved our deficiencies immediately.
The service is impeccable, from the moment you walk in to be greeted with smiles and a warm welcome from the security team at the entrance each time, to front office team and the theme carries on to the restaurant teams.
We had the opportunity to try all 3 restaurants at the hotel. The main restaurant serves good breakfast, ample choice of indian and continental dishes. Even had dosa for lunch which I thought was authentic. One of the waiters at the restaurant (forgot his name) could not have been more helpful, courteous or attentive.
The lobby bar, Blend has good choice of cocktails. But the roof top bar is something else. Really nice setting. The mediterranean restaurant has outdoor seating at the roof top which makes a very pleasant dining experience. I was a little dubious to try mediterranean restaurant in India but I was pleasantly surprised with the dishes/food. Comparable if not better than some of the restaurants we have dined at the mediterranean!
We also tried the North Indian restaurant at the hotel. Food was exceptional and the service was faultless that we left a hefty tip. The waiters could not have done more to ensure you had an enjoyable meal. We were given a brief demonstration of roti making. Chef also came over to introduce himself and share his tips for one of the best dhal we've had, which is a house speciality.
Vijay at the Concierge is very efficient and looked after our every need.
Overall, very good stay, some really professional and service orientated staff members who made our stay a pleasant and memorable one.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple