See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Great location. Good food. Rooms can be better maintained, especially the bathroom.Otherwise, ok. Forgot to tell you, with a free sumptuous breakfast thrown in stay was enjoyable. Restaurant serves good food. Rates are moderate. While booking ask for 24 hours check out.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank RamesanC
52srig, Manager at The Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback Sir

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Checked in to the Deluxe room with my family.
Below is my review
The good:-
1. Quite close to Chennai Egmore station.(Please book a cab if you have luggage)
2. Good complimentary breakfast.
3. Clean rooms.
4. Decent service.
The bad:-
1.A bit expensive for the price.
2. No fan. I know this might sound like a negligible factor in an AC room but a fan is a must till the AC begins to work its magic.
3. The washroom could have been better, for some reason it didn't give a good feel, certain places in the washrooms felt like quick fixes and patches. A washroom should have a premium look to say the least.

Overall:- Would I visit it again? Possibly yes, only If I get a good offer from Yatra app like my first stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Most guests who stay here come for their US visa; and probably have been referred by their employers/ others. The hotel is located right behind the government museum and is at a walking distance from the Casa Major road.
It once would have been quite a grand one; this is evident from their emblem. Yes, a real emblem in these days. On their stationery and bed/ bath linen.
The sad part is that this hotel is just a shadow of what it once would have been.

I stayed here for 2 nights; and they have very welcoming front desk staff. They have a concierge as well. They offer a 24 hour checkout; this means that because I had checked in at around 10PM, I could stay in the room for no extra cost until 10PM on the day of checking out. Wifi was decent, though I didn't use it that much.
Breakfast is in an extension that looks out to the garden, and the area has been tastefully designed. It is evident that this is a newer section of the hotel.
Though not great, they have a good enough variety.

The room and bathroom looked quite good at a glance, but I was put off by the quality of cleanliness. This made me take a look at the other unwelcoming factors.

- The room had 2 twin beds, neither of which had fresh sheets. This was evident from the creases on the sheets, and the hair on all corners of the room: be it on the pillows or the desk or at the legs of the tables.
- When expected to sleep on a bed where someone else has evidently slept in, it is a disgusting feeling.
- Bathroom was designed in a strange way, with water and drainage pipes visible
- Furniture is very old, wardrobe smelt dusty (like those 1000 year old furniture on display in museums)
- Bed linen had stains and holes in them.
- I had the room service opposite to my room, and it was quite noisy. Also, I saw strange men enter the floor from a side door; not sure if they were staff or guests.

The only saving grace is the food. I ordered fried rice, sandwich and noodles. Other than the hakka noodles (which the chef decided to make with pineapple and apple slices), it was wonderful and great for a hungry person.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2016

A group of 20 couples were booked at this Hotel because of its proximity to the Wedding venue. We checked in late evening and were informed the Restaurant closes at 10 p.m. ( ;-( ) The Reception was kind enough to inform us that a Veg hotel "Matsya" nearby was open and we enjoyed a hearty meal. Sleep eluded us as the AC was not cooling and at the same time the blower was making a noise. The Housekeeping did tinker but to no avail.We then got the room changed. The bathrooms had only one towel for 2 people.The toileteries were measly.The linen/ bedspread were average. This is a poorly maintained hotel and I am not going back there .

Room Tip: Please pray and then check the room.Shift in 5-10 minutes if you dont like any feature
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Got a good deal through MMT and booked it. But regretted the decision once I checked in. Me and my colleague was given a room that was comparable if not worse to the cheapest hotel. The other rooms were good and even empty but we were not shifted to any better room. Were told that this what you get through MMT. My question is why do they have to show beautiful rooms on MMT when you dont provide them. Specially when they keep the pricing equal to the website prices.

Room Tip: Book only after ensuring what type of room you are getting. Don't go by category of Deluxe or Executive
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business