“Its " Okay " place. Budget hotel.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tidel Residency

Tidel Residency
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chennai
Tidel Residency
Ranked #172 of 386 Hotels in Chennai
Helsingoer, Denmark
“Its " Okay " place. Budget hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Its a okay place. Its in the start of ECR road. Limited space in the hotel. There is a restaurant in the base. Was staying with a large group so booked this hotel as we had a function to attend in Thiruvanmiyur. It was okay for one night. Its just a average hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank shenekurien
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Texas City, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Not too far from the central station but be aware the autos are gonna loot you!! Its not like the other third rated but high tariff hotels in Thiruvanmiyur where you have to worry about the cops coming to your door to check who is there inside. A bit pricey but given the location it is okay. Close to the beach. Also close to local bus stand.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are better than the ground floor ones.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank khushi_nn
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Tidel Residency is a good budget hotel option for a short business trip with close proximity to the IT parks and ECR. I stayed in this hotel thrice in the Double AC and Double Standard AC rooms. I have always made reservations through their website and have not had any problems with room allotment so far.
The rooms and the beds are maintained well and are clean. However considering that the rooms were not very spacious and airy, this would not be the first choice for families. If budget is the constraint, one could explore this place since it is clean and is close to the ECR road.

Positives
1. Located close to the Thiruvanmiyur bus stand, IT corridor and ECR.
2. Functional website with option for online booking
3. Clean rooms with AC, TV and Geyser in working condition
4. Free wireless internet access

Areas of improvement
1. Provide an option for Breakfast
2.Clarity on the room smoking policy would help non smokers and smokers

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the road
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

I dont know where to start if I have to explain my worst hotel experience (nightmare). I was scheduled to reach Chennai in the evening & since its not a preferred Check In time, I decided to book the hotel in advance. On calling up the front desk, they informed me that they have made the booking but IT IS NOT CONFIRMED. If I need to confirm the booking, I would have to pay a token amount ie; half the hotel tariff. Lucky for me, I had few friends in Chennai, how were willing to go to the extra mile (YES, it is outside city limits on ECR Rd) made the payment. The booking was made for 7pm & I arrived promptly at 6:45pm. Since I came early, they said that the rooms are being cleaned & I need to wait. They suggested using the restaurant downstairs to wait & have a snack, while promising to call me on my cellphone, once the rooms are ready. I had dinner & the wait went on for another hour, when I decided to go up & check the status. At this point the person said that couple of people who were supposed to checkout are yet to leave & would take an additional 45mins. I left the luggage there & decided to go for a stroll. I returned an hour later (9pm) only to resume my wait at the front desk. At around 9:45pm a group of rooms checked out, thus increasing my hopes. When I contacted the front desk, they informed the rooms require cleaning.. While I waited at the front desk for rooms to be cleaned, a family of 6 walked in, got 2 new set of rooms & checked into the rooms which were recently vacated. On enquirer I was informed that, they were regulars & couldn't be denied service. At this point, I had lost all patience & demanded some action immediately. The behavior of the hotel staff took a whole U turn at this point & they hinted that I could look at other alternatives, while refused to pay back the advance. I waited another 30mins (11pm), meanwhile shamelessly asking for shelter at my friend's house. Finally at 11:30 I got picked up from my friends to stay with them, while I lost my money & all interest to ever go back to the place

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Abhijith J

Travellers are raving about these Chennai hotels

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I've stayed at this hotel twice before (primarily due to proximity to my colleague's house) and would recommend it to someone looking to bunk for a night or two.

The hotel staff is cooperative and friendly and the rooms offer reasonably clean toilet and bedsheets. While on business these are the only two things that I find necessary. The good part is that you can open the window so those uncomfortable in a closed air conditioned environment can switch on the fan with the window open.

Food can be ordered from a restaurant next door so by the time it gets to you, it is already cold. Wouldn't rate it too high on taste either.

Would only recommend staying here if you have family/friends/colleagues close by who you need to meet or if you have work down ECR area. The closest Local Train station is a good 5-10min ride away by Rickshaw. Prepaid Auto ride from the Central Station to the hotel at 06:45am will cost you around Rs. 170 which is pretty reasonable as it is far away form the station.

All in all, the hotel is functional and for the price you pay, it is not a bad place.

Room Tip: Road facing rooms are noisy
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business