“The Crab is awesome”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nungambakkam
Reviewed 22 November 2016

If you love sea food Ponnusamy is the place to be ,try the crab masala which is awesome and the nethali fry.the Service is quick and friendly.In order to grab a table please early by 12.00 noon else seating is difficult

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 20 October 2016

This hotel is located in chennai, serves both vegetarian and non vegetarian food. Food is just ok and many items mentioned in their menu were not available at the time we went there. Dosa items are worth trying and this one is specialised in the delicious fish dishes.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I considered ponnusamy's as one of the foremost establishments for authentic chettinad cuisine and I have visited several times on trips to Chennai, but my most recent visit was very disappointing, food was very mediocre, the mutton chukka was not not good. Several servers / staff in uniform stood close to my table and watched while I dined but when asked for service they called someone else to assist. Shall not be going back.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Went here for lunch this Sunday and had a bad experience. Had to wait quite a long for everything from finding seats to arrival of the food. Agreed it's so everywhere during the weekends but the service person was either not experienced or new God knows what!
Especially if you order veg food it will take ages before u get ur food delivered.
The only consoling part was the tasty food though lately delivered!
The ambience is quite good too..

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Took my parents out or Lunch to Ponnusamy Hotel in Chrompet. Had ordered for 3 meals and a Mutton Biriyani. Felt nauseous when I saw the mutton biriyani. It had a hair in it and not just any hair but a chest or pubic hair they type of hair one finds on the head.I showed it to the waiter. he apologized and tried taking it away before I could take pictures but I somehow managed to click some pics. Then the waiters told the supervisor about it. He came and asked me whats the problem and I told him about that. His reply surprised me, he was like "is this the big problem these guys were talking about?" Looks like Hotel Ponnusamy adds the cooks hair for a personal touch. The only saving grace were a few waiters who were really courteous. Cancelled the biriyani and I didnt eat anything from there, however my parents did complete their meals.

Date of visit: June 2016