All reviews mi road value for money the heart of the city electric kettle nice garden big room laundry service peaceful stay central location main road excellent stay rooms are clean budget hotel amber fort property cottage india
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is adorable from its garden, staff and restaurant it was a great stay...centrally located and overall great ambiance. I highly recommend it...I am a single woman traveler. Everyone here is so helpful and ready to accomadate.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Tarun_Arya_Niwas, Manager at Jai Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at jai Niwas with a group of 20ppl. Loved the place (old world charm). The breakfast and dinner was excellent!!! Amazing helpful staff, service was brilliant. A special mention about Prahlad and suresh at the reception,they helped us right from the booking to the end of our stay..... Super alert, efficient and helpful. Thank you so much for making our stay beautiful and hassle free. Will definitely stay here again and will recommend to friends and family going to Jaipur. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Tarun_Arya_Niwas, Manager at Jai Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We recently spent 14 nights at the Jai Niwas. It was our first experience of India and the staff made us feel completely at home. Nothing was too much for them, we asked for lots of assistance and they came up trumps every time. There was some building work happening at the time, but the disruption from this was kept to a minimum. Special mention must go to the young chef who took us for a cookery lesson in the Hostel next door. He was so informative and enthusiastic. The hotels yoga expert, Biman, took us for yoga every morning. It was our first attempt at yoga and he was a fabulous teacher, so patient and very informative. It was a life changing encounter.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Tarun_Arya_Niwas, Manager at Jai Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback and kind words.
It was as delightful to host your as you experienced your stay at Jai Niwas !!
The young cook is Yash and we organise the cooking demo on regular basis now !!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

For the cost, this place is entirely appropriate. Rooms are clean and come with a tv, electric kettle, AC, and heater. But they're not the largest or most fancy things you'll find. Since almost all the rooms face a walkway or garden, expect to hear people talking or walking by a lot. But, it's still a quieter place than anything facing one of Jaipur's busy streets.

Staff were super nice about moving me to a quieter room and adjusted the bill to the lower rate for me. There was a loud party going on the night I arrived (at the hostel), but it ended by 11pm. Only real issue was the constant construction noise from 8am until 6pm. They were able to arrange a driver to go to the Amber Fort and to the airport. It was great to be able to have everything put onto one bill, then pay by card.

The kitchen had the best food I ate in Jaipur. Real home cooking done well, and for great prices. Seriously don't bother going anywhere else to eat in the evening. Just eat here, and save half the cost of a restaurant!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and liking the concept of colonial bungalow set up of Jai Niwas and the home like food.
We keep the noises to minimum in the renovation work and it is happening on different floor than the guest rooms and between 9 am to 5 pm only. But I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.
There is an activity in adjoining hostel Jaipur Jantar once a month, but we will keep a check that there is no disturbance to hotel guests. Thanks for informing this.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

This happened when I came back with a very successful meeting in the evening. And I was in a very good mood. And I had no chance of disappointment. And as usual the arya/jai niwas chain was my choice of stay.
1. I have been visiting Arya Niwas Chain since 2008 and never before I had such an experience.
I stayed in the newly made rooms of jai niwas, and O my God, it was not sound proof at all. The closing of and opening of nearby rooms were banging right on ear. Even a small tickle/table sound in nearby room could be herd.
2. No handtowels, no tissues?
3. Definitely very old quilt without quilt covers. Tornquilts. Cotton coming out! I took a photo too.
4. You cannot open the bathrooms easily, as it got airtight and everytime the whole room just shook on opening the gates.
5. The phone was faulty and rarely connected to the reception. Obviously the receptionist never took its care.
6. I checked in with my family with earlier information of early checkout. I requested beforehand that i will not be availing the breakfast facility. I was very happy to know that they will be giving me packed breakfast . I was not happy when they told me that they will give the breakfast one night before at 10 pm. And I was literally annoyed when they told me regarding THE menu of the breakfast- A frooti, one banana, one cold sandwich. The banana would smash and rot in my luggage. Nothing else. I requested to give something which is quality/indian. The breakfast they offered was not worth it. For the first time in a hotel stay, my wife, who was not near the phone , could hear the loud and aggressive voice of the receptionist over phone .my flight was early morning and i was asked to extend my stay if i wanted breakfast. Why should i pay for a service which you are unable to give, which i did not have . i asked the receptionist to ask someone higher before making the final call regarding charging me for a breakfast which i did not have. And guess what, he declared that he was the last one i could reach upto and he was ordered to take the money for breakfast.. In none of the good hotels this culture is set like this. Forced sale! Is that you are upto? the customer does not pay to receive this kind of hospitality. The guest relation culture of arya/jai niwas is what made me its loyal customer, and it is a classic example of how someone in your frontdesk or some wrong policies of forced sale could destroy this long trusted relationship. I did not take the breakfast, but had to pay for it!

7. The whole day we could not rest because of construction work going on upstairs. Bingo, you have to bear with that. No questions asked.they did not inform this beforehand.

8. There were some pranksters in nearby area who were shouting or it was some noisy programme in the neighbourhood till 10pm and my child was literally scared of the noises around.
9. The final bill did not include the breakup invoice of food, which as an Indian I would always like to see. Since i did not had the time to ask, and the kitchen staff were all good and kind, so its kind of ok with the food part.

Room Tip: Be extra cautious with the curtains. they can be funny and unmanagable at times.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience.
At the onset, my deepest apologies that your stay was not as per your expectations.
I apologise if hand towel, tissue were not available, phone not working at check-in, but everything was taken care as soon as informed at front desk. There was a small tear in quilt, thanks for pointing out, it has been repaired.

We offer breakfast only rates and, as any other hotel, can't refund the non-consumed breakfast cost. As an option however, we provide cold packed breakfast which is prepared one day prior as kitchen is not open before 6 am. I am sorry that you did not like items offered, but the receptionist Mr. Prahalad offered double quantities to help you, the best he could do ! I do not accept that he was aggressive with you.

We keep the noises to minimum in the renovation work and it is happening on different floor than the guest rooms. Also it is displayed on the reception and told on check-in. Even we would have got the work stopped, had we got the information that it disturbing you. It is unfortunate that there was a function in neighborhood on the same night only, where music played till 10 pm, which is a legal deadline. We can lodge a complaint only after 10 pm. The food bills breakup was provided.

Looking forward to host you again and provide your family a memorable stay !