All reviewssindhi campac workingmetro stationroom servicenice stayhotel staffnice hotelfree wifineetsignalmidnightindia
Reviewed 28 January 2015

nice rooms and room service, got early check in thanks to hotel shalimar and cleartrip.

complimentary breakfast is too good and food is also great but little costly.
Location is damm good near to bus stand .5 min walking distance.
at all hotel is very good with good service and location

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
8  Thank Sumit J
Reviewed 27 January 2015

We booked this hotel well in advance but we had to wait for 30 mins to get the room. Even though we informed them, then room size was pathetic.I have been promised that I will get bigger room but nvr fulfilled. only food was the only +ve i have seen.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Pardeep811
ShalimarJaipur, Owner at Hotel Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

Dear Guest,

Please refrain from misrepresenting facts. Booking in advance does not mean the room will be available hours before the standard check in time. If this would have been communicated to us in advance (like the booking), we would have most positively tried to not keep you waiting but since this was a last minute information, there was little we could do.

Coming to room size, you had booked the Deluxe room (Size: 140 sq feet, not counting the bathroom). The size of which was communicated to you through the channel where you booked from, alongwith the room pictures. 140 sq feet is a very decent room size for the price that we are charging. Please understand we are a value for money, boutique hotel offering 3 star equivalent services for a reasonable price. Not a fancy, high end palace property.

We also have bigger rooms in Royal Deluxe & Club category with marginally higher prices but you chose the Deluxe room from all the available options. My staff did offer you those options at a very marginal price difference. But please don't expect free upgrades all the time. Having said that, I would love to have you come back to our property on your next Jaipur visit. Please contact me directly on: gaurav@hotel-shalimar.com & give us an opportunity to change your perception of our property.

Regards
Gaurav

Reviewed 2 December 2014

I traveled with my family last month, had an amazing experience. Food was incredibly good.
I would recommend this place to people traveling to Jaipur for a short duration (2-3 nights).
Hotel Staff in very friendly, centrally located (near Bus stand).

Room Tip: Choose form one of the newly renovated ones
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank arpanaggarwal
Reviewed 2 December 2014

I went to jaipur last week for some official work and reached jaipur late in the night .. As i was tired because of long road journey, I arrived in the hotel around 1 o'clock in the night and was very hungry... The Hotel staff was very generous and they arrange for my food late in the night... The room was very clean and tidy and i had a very comfortable stay... Will definitely stay there during my next visit... :):)

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank piyush r
Reviewed 2 December 2014

Travelled with a couple of friends and checked in at Hotel Shalimar. It was a stay much worthy for the price we paid. Centrally located, all places to visit in Jaipur have easy accessibility from here, ensures you have maximum time to enjoy the Pink city, rather than on local travel.

We took 2 adjoining rooms on the 2nd floor. Elevators available so no problem of taking the stairs. The rooms are well maintained and the interiors are done beautifully. The size is spacious and comfortable. The washrooms were neat and tidy, no damages visible. Despite of being close to the busy streets, the sound proofing is done nicely and no disturbance reaches your room.

The food was amazing and room service up to the mark. The staff is polite and helpful. The room service orders were made in good time.

The reception area welcomes you to the hospitality you shall receive during your stay. We needed some assistance for our stay in Jaipur & our onward journey and Mr. Gaurav - the owner himself, was a great help to give his inputs to make our travel much easier.

Our stay for 2 nights just passed by and we hardly felt we were out of home. We had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends