We visited Jaipur on the 4th leg of our tour of India and our first impression of the Royal Orchid was excellent. We received a warm welcome in the modern, airy reception area, check in was efficient and our bags were brought to our compact but bright and sparkly room very quickly. Again the first impression of the room was very favourable but, unfortunately, that quickly changed. Basically the room was designed to look nice but it was sadly impractical in several ways. In the bathroom area there was one sliding door that either closed the toilet or the wardrobe ie they couldn't be open or closed at the same time. The wardrobe space was totally inadequate for two travellers with large suitcases and there was no storage space in the room itself. The shower enclosure was not water tight and the lighting was poor for shaving. Fortunately the bed was comfortable.
There are 2 restaurant options - a relatively expensive Indian fine dining one and another serving both a la carte and buffet meals which is where we ate both nights. We took the buffet which was pleasant but not exceptional; breakfast was also in this restaurant and consisted of an extensive buffet which we enjoyed. There is also a swimming pool on the roof which again looks good at first sight but is spoiled by the number of pigeons drinking water from the edge - pigeon deterrents are badly needed.
This hotel has apparently only been open for 5 months in a new business park on the outskirts of Jaipur; there is already a Marriott there with other hotels opening soon after which I suspect the Royal Orchid will struggle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Orchid combines world-class comforts with proximity to the city's business centres. The hotel is equipped with 70 state-of-the-art deluxe and club rooms that feature a host of amenities to make your stay pleasant and convenient- swimming pool, gym, travel desk, 24/7 Wi-fi connectivity, DVD/LCD TVs, tea/coffee makers, hair dryers, electronic safes and mini bars. What's more, when you want to pep yourself up, just walk into Pinxx, the 24-hour coffee shop to relax and indulge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Royal Orchid Central Jaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Central Jaipur Hotel Jaipur
- Royal Orchid Central Hotel Jaipur
- Jaipur Royal Orchid Central
- Royal Orchid Central Jaipur Rajasthan