Shahpura House(Jaipur)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
US$ 93
US$ 46
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 53/night.

The Lalit Jaipur(Jaipur)
US$ 76
US$ 250
US$ 169
Priceline
All reviewsan oasiscomfortable roomshome staybusy cityfirst floorvery comfortable stayexcellent staypeacocksprivacyhospitalitydriver
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I spent a few days at the general's retreat-had a warm and homely stay. There is a beautiful terrace and a huge garden in front to relax in.excellent home-cooked food.the owners were extremely helpful in suggesting places to shop,visit and went out of their way to make you feel comfortable.the best part is its location. the walled city is 15 minutes away-there's a wonderful cafe, central park(an excellent place for all the joggers) etc all walking distance from this guest house.rooms are extremely clean.nice and bright AND they have wifi connectivity.great stay, would definitely recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2012

we do lot of travelling, but it was our first visit to jaipur and we had stayed in a guest house The General Retreat.The warm welcome we had received on our arrival made us felt as very much at home. we don't normally write any reviews, but on this occassion felt compel to write this review.
The food we had was excellent Traditional home made food, the staff were wonderful,very attentive and full of smiles all the way.We could'nt have asked for more, very comfortable stay and were pampered by everyone. We would have no hesitation in recommending THE GENERALS RETREAT GUEST HOUSE to any family/friends and anyone who wishes to visit Jaipur and experience what we had experience. THIS PLACE IS MUST in Jaipur.

Room Tip: all rooms are large and bright
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

After a gruelling 6 hour journey from Delhi to Jaipur, the General's Retreat certainly lived up to it's name!
I stayed three nights, and the General's was a relaxed and comfortable beginning to my stay in India during my gap year. Everyone was exceptionally friendly and made me feel completely at ease despite everything being very new and different. I was given fantastic recommendations for sight-seeing in Jaipur, and met some interesting fellow travellers. I didn't have to lift a finger in arranging any future travel plans; the staff sorted everything out for me. The food was delicious, and of a standard much higher than one might expect from a small guest house.
I just run out of superlatives to describe my stay at the General's Retreat, and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I doubt this place is very well known. It is a small old banglow or haveli. Very well kept clean and in the heart of the city. Food is very good and very well served. Quality of food is excellent almost like home made. I would suggest take the corner room with 2 sides open and it is large with lot of natural lights coming in.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I felt more at home than I have over the course of several months so far in India. Friendly, peaceful and nearby all the action of jaipur.
I stayed here for a night and felt instantly (within in the first 5 minutes) that i wish I had booked a month... a cozy english-indian fuzion of hospitality.
the food is great and the staff's recommendations for things to do are worth following.
enjoy your stay!