“Relaxing place to stay”

and 1 more site!
The Generals Retreat
Ranked #69 of 535 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the General's Retreat. It is in a quiet part of town, but the old town is easily accessible. The Manager helped us arrange suitable transportation for in-town sight seeing and to our next destination, Agra. The breakfasts provided were more than adequate and the evening meal delicious. It was lovely to relax in the garden at the end of a busy day sightseeing.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CanadaHawk

Reviewed 17 March 2011

We three girls made an impromptu decision to go to Jaipur for the weekend to have a nice ethnic experience. Our trip was mostly about mental relaxation- which is what the General's Retreat provided. We arrived at 4 am in the morning. Despite the ungodly hour and the fact that we arrived hours before our estimated time of arrival, we got a very comfortable room, tastefully decorated, with a very homely bathroom that had one of the best showers I've ever used. We had 5 hours of blissful undisturbed sleep following our check-in.

The staff is very friendly. In fact, before finalising our booking, I had a very reassuring conversation with Ms. Ketaki about our trip.

We got a good student's discount too. They were very understanding about the fact that we were on a tight student's budget and could not afford high rates. At the same time, it is a very safe place for a small pack of girls to stay at.

I would say that the General's Retreat is a good value for money accommodation. :-)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I have been staying here for the last 3-4 years. The location is excellent . Close to the Train station and the Interstate buses. The staff are polite, clean, honest and very helpful. The General and his family are always looking for ways to improve their service and assist you in any manner possible. Rooms are large, airy and individually decorated. The property has a lovely garden where one can have a cup of tea/drink or generally hang around with peacocks that ocassionally visit the garden. Lovely first floor balcony setting for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2011

What a pleasure to stay in such a lovely friendly place. Most importantly the place is spotless (which I am finding rare in india). The owners and staff are both very welcoming and bent over backwards to make my stay comfortable. The night I stayed there was a wedding taking place next door which was quite loud. Without having to ask I was offered a different room which would have been quieter (I declined as I quite enjoyed the music and chatter but it was good that the offer was there).
I would definitely stay here again and will be recommending it to my mates too.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 14 January 2011

General's Retreat, where I spent 2 days in November last, is highly recommendable. Tucked away in spacious gardens, redolent of another day, it offers a generous verandah (on which you could breakfast among an array of plants, the winter sun on your face!), thoughtfully done up rooms (with block printed soft furnishings - much appreciated!) and meticulously clean bathrooms (at least that was the case with mine, inducing me to trot all the way down to complement Ketaki & her staff).
But that apart, I thoroughly enjoyed the very warm & forthcoming manner in which the hotel and its charming staff put itself out to respond to the guest's queries & needs (and I had my fair share of them!). It all left me with the feeling that I was a very welcome guest ... in a most gracious home.
A visit to Jaipur again would, for me, necessarily mean staying at General's Retreat. I look forward very much to another pleasurable stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo