“Good value for the money”
Review of Bhim Vilas

and 1 more site!
Bhim Vilas
Ranked #178 of 494 Jaipur B&B and Inns
San Jose, California
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed three nights at BhimVilas while I was on a sightseeing trip with my daughter. The place was clean, comfortable, safe and a short auto ride from the old city where all the sights are. It is also walking distance from Raj Mandir the famed movie theatre in Jaipur. It is pretty close to some shopping malls - clothing, jewellery etc. So if you are looking for a place to stay while visiting Jaipur, this place is very suitable. And it is very reasonably priced. The breakfast is very good. I had to ask the cook to stop serving me, almost felt like an all-you-can-eat type affair, though there are only 2 choices for breakfast - toast/omelette and aloo paratha.
What you might miss - ambience and atmosphere of a heritage hotel. Not having stayed at one of these places, I cannot compare. There is no restaurant in the hotel or nearby. Just the kitchen which is used for breakfast prep. And that only is available at 8AM. There is no reception, concierge or anything like that, just the cook/helper type guy. If you have any questions, he will put you on the phone with the manager.
What I was not thrilled about - there was no elevator. I had to lug my bags thru 3 flights of stairs. You have to remember to lock the room with your key when you enter or leave the room. The TV did not work satisfactorily. The driver recommended by the owner was perhaps expensive, and charged me more than the previously agreed upon faire. I do not recommend going with this guy.
Other than that I was quite happy with my stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ps001_11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Horrible experience.
1) Pick up driver was extremely rude. YELLED at me for being 10 mins late at the airport (I had to pick up my luggage from the carousel).
2) Driver was rash, bashed up a car in front of the GPO. Did not apologize to the other guy or me. Just ran away.
3) Pick up overcharged me at Rs. 460, harassed me into giving them the extra Rs. 110.
4) ‘New’ room was stinking of fresh paint. Toxic fumes made my eyes water.
5) ‘New’ room was at the ground floor behind the garage with no connection to the hotel. Unsecure and vulnerable to allocate to a single woman.
6) Alternative room had bathroom across the hall.
7) Toilet seat dirty with splattered urine, guy said “the ‘super’ will come only next morning”
8) Bathroom had no ventilation, keyhole access from the corridor, very uncomfortable.
9) Hotel has no lift, but is situated at the 2nd floor.
10) Manager is NEVER around, reception stays empty ALL day and night.
11) Guy I know to be the manager from my earlier visit, said “I don’t work for the hotel”. The very next day, he introduced himself as the manager. Why do your employees have such confusion if they work here or not?
12) LAST but the nastiest. Really. Couple from USA seated the breakfast table for 8. Steward said “you cannot sit with them. I will send your breakfast to your room”. SHAME on you.

This is how the hotel treats a Single female guest traveling on business AND loyal repeat customer. You do the math and pls don’t take a risk at this hotel.

Some info to share: Meri Cabs at [---] (charged me Rs. 170 on my return trip to the airport) or My Cabs @ [---]. Or take Pre-paid from the airport, a bit expensive at Rs. 320, but at least you won’t get yelled at.

ANY other hotel better than this hell hole.

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank SomBanerjee
Auroville
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The place was recommended to me a few years ago by a friend who lives in Jaipur. I stayed here for a second time and find it fantastic - it is VERY clean and shiny, spacious room, good furniture, nice arrangements, quiet and helpful staff and a very good manager. Most comfortable place I have stayed in the North India. I am not joking! I hope it will not get overbooked when I come next time :)
Ruslan (not a member of TripAdvisor yet)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My wife, adult daughter and I stayed at Bhim Vilas for three nights. This small pension is spacious, quiet and comfortable. The owners and staff are friendly and welcoming. I would happily stay there again.

Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Set back off a main road near the GPO building, easy for Autorickshaws to find and not too far from the crazy Jaipur bazaars.
This is a family-run hotel with a casual but professional feel.
A short shoe-scuffing stroll to Handi restaurant and a 15-20 min walk to the crazy bazaars, means that Bhim Villas is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family