All reviewsnahargarh fortroof terracemarigold hotelold citytuk tukbbc programmeperfect hostshaven of tranquilitykite flyerskite flyingbreakfasts were excellentfamily homefellow guestsevery eveningmrs singhmemorable holidayhis lovely wife
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Perfect place after the busy city
I really liked this place because after a busy noisy day we find silence and calm here. The owners are so friendly, helpful and nice. The absolutely controlled the quality what we get after a day. They gave to us a so many advice, what can be the best for us. (The places what we have to visit and also the about the prices for not to be cheated.) The room was clean, and comfortable. The breakfast is really fresh and tasty. Noticed: the banana pancakes what they made for the breakfast are amazing!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The reservation process for the Khatu Haveli was easy and my emails were answered promptly by the Brigadier. We were in Jaipur for the literature festival and getting transportation there from the haveli was easy. The hotel itself is clean and well-maintained. Staff who greeted us, helped us with our bags, covered the dining room, and assisted us on the terrace were excellent. I loved our room on the top floor but be aware that the stairs are many and very steep. Watching staff and neighborhood families fly kites on Republic Day with a view of Nahargarh Fort as a backdrop is something I will never forget.

However, this would not be a complete review if I didn’t mention the treatment of my guest who is a resident of Jaipur. At check-in, when my brother and I provided our passports, he was asked for and presented his ID and filled in the hotel register as required. Although from that point on my brother and I were treated in a respectful way, my guest was not extended the same courtesy, especially by the hotel manager, getting asked several times as to his purpose for being there and other prying questions. Since I had booked the room, was paying for it myself, he was my guest and we had provided all the requested paperwork at check-in, this continuous questioning was uncomfortable and unnecessary. This unpleasant aspect of our stay tarnished an otherwise enjoyable 5-night experience.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I do not often write reviews, but Khatu Haveli really deserves one. They have been so welcoming and helpful during my stay. I am a single traveller, so being helped on the way on my trip through India was very helpful. They even booked train tickets for me and were at reach if I needed any help while travelling to other places. I also got invited to a private dinner with the owners, which made me feel at a very warm hearted place, like home. Momish is part of the staff and made most of the arrangements, like trips, taxis and restaurants. You will experience the hospitality of a 5 star hotel, but in a much more warm and personal way. Just go there and find out yourself. Oh, do caress the dog, but don't try to take anything of what belongs to him ;)

Room Tip: The room at the top has a great view and is next to a big terrace.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeroen v
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Stayed for four nights March '18 - lovely hotel, clean, friendly, good food, lovely roof terrace. Maneesh on reception was very helpful and could organise anything we wanted excursion wise, and tuk tuks etc. The owners , Brigadier and Mrs Singh were very friendly and chatty - an oasis of calm in a mad mad city...

Room Tip: The heritage rooms are the best
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I stayed at this home from home for 10 days as a solo traveller the Brigadier and his wife and manesh and the boys were fantastic could not do enough for me. The room was excellent clean and big. Get up early and see the sunrise from the top terrace and the kite flyers over Jaipur.They invited me to eat with them quite a few nights family food and if you go they are asking you to share their home with them it is a wonderful experience and not a hotel as you might imagine.They will help you to arrange trips get taxis or Tuk Tuk. They helped me do trips to Pushkar, Bundi,the three forts up on the top and if you are lucky you will be able to see the Khatu Haveli .Whatever you want to do they help.I now know why they were picked by the BBC for the first series of the Real Marigold Hotel I cant wait to go back next year for much longer as i know it will be home from home.Thank-you all for giving me such a wonderful time..This was my 2nd visit to India and I had gone to the Khatu Haveli last year for afternoon tea and promised myselt a return visit and stay so glad I did manage to get there this year cant wait for next visit in 2019.

Room Tip: Higher floors so you are near the terrace I reckonmend room 316
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo