Stayed here for about 10 days in early February 2012 after the Jaipur Literature Festival, which is held here every January, had come and gone. Had a grand room with large windows, a separate sitting area and enormous marble bathroom. Really had a sense of the erstwhile palace. Wilson, the longtime resident manager, was gracious and accommodating in every respect. Set away from the crazy traffic of Jaipur, the Diggi is a great place to regain one's bearings and rest. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Diggi Palace is an oasis in the heart of Rajasthan's famous Pink City of Jaipur. Surrounded by acres of beautifully manicured gardens, this converted haveli built in the 1860s is a haven of peace and tranquility located 5 minutes from the bustling Old Walled City of Jaipur.Owned by the Thakurs of Diggi who occupy the main house to this date, Diggi Palace offers visitors a unique taste of Royal Rajasthani Hospitality combined with facilities which include a Multi-Cuisine Restaurant, Royal Gala Dinners, Internet Access, Money Exchange,Swimming Pool, Ayurvedic Massage, Excursions, Jeep / Camel Safaris, Horse-Riding & Yoga. Its 70 rooms, each with its own unique character, range from cottages facing the lawns to luxurious AC doubles with en suite bathrooms set around courtyards & gardens."...drove in through an arched gate into a short driveway...large leafy garden...polite porters...family property of the diggi thakurs...happy feel about it...bright yellow and blue painted walls...pleasant lighting...courtyard where a couple of pre-dinner hours were happily spent...cheerful rooms, clean functional, frills-free bathrooms...quite enough space to spread about...hungry from wandering around, we tucked gratefully into soup, parathas, tikkas, biryani and raita...breakfast...in the charming terracewith bougainvillea draped over our shoulders...fortified ourselves with crepes and coffee...a world away from the chaos...this place breeds cultish loyalty...high number of returnee guests...some stay for long periods of time...great option for a stay in a heritage setting in Jaipur..." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Yatra so you can book your Diggi Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diggi Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Diggi Palace Jaipur, Rajasthan