“Average Place”

Chokhi Dhani Resort
Ranked #58 of 391 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We went to Choki Dhani around Feb 20th. The cottages where we stayed was nicely done and beautiful from within. The cottages around and the ambiance was also nice. We went to the gymnasium and swimming pool and found the services fine.
However, what the place lacks in is warmth and humility towards guests. At the reception of the hotel, the behavior was cold and even when we used to order room service, there wasn't a very warm response either. The village adjacent to the cottages, well that is superb and worth a visit. However, I aint so sure about the cottages. For the rates which the place charges you can easily stay in a hotel which gives much better service.

4  Thank Traveller1722
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

my family were on a trip to jaipur for conference
stayed for sometime in chokhi dhani
long distance from the city
very enjoyable place for children
the bath area in my room is very slippery due to water stagnation
ambiance is little different from the regular resorts

2  Thank drbharathrv
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Me and my husband were on our honeymoon trip. We had been in February 2011. According to the manager...it is a 5 star hotel....but...there were no such facilities...services...like a 5 star...it was a very bad experience...with lots of mosquitoes...shabby room...dowdy resort...no proper food...no bathrobes and towels were provided...waiters didn't know English...guess what...even managers didn't know English...the reception area...is such a lousy place...no lights were on...there was no welcome drink served..the doors were not in good condition....and the rooms looked really scary...the resort is really sad...never advisable...for anybody...no matter u go with family..friends or for your honeymoon...it is a waste of time and money...which is not worth...

Room Tip: Please do not visit...they don't have even average rooms...so good rooms...is just too far off..
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Vikram1923
Reviewed 14 February 2012

It's a quaint resort, with a made-up Rajasthani village, and its cultural accessories. It is quite a lovable experience for children. One problem is that it is too far from the city. The room amenities are not of the highest standards, but not as bad as some other reviews suggest. It is, in fact, lovely for a short stay.

1  Thank Saumya P
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I booked a trip to Chokhi Dhani, Jaipur through Make My Trip and booked Royal Cottage for 2 nights and 3 days starting from 27 Jan 2012 till 29 Jan 2012. My family was so excited to visit such place because they never ever been familiar with Rajasthan culture and they heard a lot about Chokhi Dhani Resort and Village.

We reached there by 4 PM on 27 Jan and checked inn in Royal Cottage # 128 and we found :
1. Balcony door can not be closed as the door was not properly aligned.
2. The stay was for a couple and assumed to be toiletries for 2. However, nothing was there.
3. I have a 1 year old daughter. The receptionist informed us that they have 24*7 room service, so you can call anytime. However, when my daughter asked for milk to drink, I was continuously calling the room service, front desk for more than 30 mins and no one responded in the night. My daughter JUST DRUNK THE COLD MILK and slept.
4. The bathroom was full of blood stains. You can see blood stains everywhere in the bathroom.
5. The blower in the room was so noisy to make difficult to sleep.
6. On 28th morning, more pathetic, I was taking bath around 7 in the morning and suddenly the water supply got chocked. I came out of the bath tub and found water clogging on the bathroom floor. I called the room service and they told me that they will be there in just 2 mins. Strange, no body came for next 2 Hrs. I went to front desk and asked for the feedback/comments book. Those people started searching the book and it tookk 20 mins to found where they placed that book.
7. Thenafter, they shifted me to Suite # 604 at 1 PM, and assured me that it will never happen again and I will get good services. BUT AGAIN, teh situation was same. Whatever the problems I faced in Royal Cottage 128, I faced exactly the same things in suite # 604.
8. Then around 5 PM, they shifted me to Haveli # 304 assuring me to get good services. Again, the main door was not getting closed from inside. The TV was not working. TV Remote was broken.
9. They offered me complimentary DINNER, BUT, I did not get it because they did not informed to anyone in the dining area. When I went for dinner, they told me that they did not get any information from anyone for our dinner and If you want to have dinner here, We have to pay for that.

At last, my wife told me that the people at CHOKHI DHANI has already spoiled our outing there, so lets not to say anything to those people, stay here for second night and lets go back without saying even a single word and WE LEFT THE HOTEL ON 29 JAN 2012 WITH MEMORIES WHICH WE WILL NEVER FORGET.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family