Overall, this is a pleasant enough place to stay in Jaipur. Its within easy walking distance of an entrance to the old city but there are no descent restaurants nearby. In fact the entire neighborhood is not that inviting but as I said the property is pleasant enough. Be forewarned though that hundreds of birds nest in the big trees in the courtyard of each section of the property. They start up about 5:30am so bring your earplugs unless you need an early wake-up call.
Rooms: Large, high ceilinged rooms which are beautifully decorated. Marble floors. Dressing area with divan, desk and good sized bathroom. Nice shower; no bath tub. Old style TV that we could not get to work though we weren't all that interested in it anyway. They brought a stand-up heater since it was pretty chilly at night. No safe in room. No mini bar in room. No tea/ coffee maker in room. One tiny water bottle per person.
Breakfast: Eggs made to order. Cereal, yogurt, fruit, white bread, and a few Indian dishes. the staff was very friendly and generally very helpful. No problems.
Restaurant: The foreign food was really mediocre. We had a chicken sandwich which turned out to be ground up chicken mashed into what looked like a patty. Not exactly what we were hoping for. The Indian food was generally good. They have a full buffet for 600 rupees (about $12.00) but I have to say that there weren't enough good looking dishes to spring for that. We ordered a couple of the buffet dishes a la carte and that worked out well. The staff was very helpful as we tried to figure out whether to do the buffet or order a la carte.
Internet: Wireless at 100 rupees ($2.00) for 30 minutes.The signal was very weak and intermittent back in the rooms. The signal was stronger near the front desk/reception area. Once again, why do pricey hotels charge for internet when 400 rupee guest houses offer it for free?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alsisar Haveli: This charming property in rajput architecture style, originally built in 1892 as a noblemans' home has now been converted to a heritage hotel.Alsisar Haveli is set 5 minutes' walk from the walled pink city and 2 minutes drive from MI Road, the business center of Jaipur. Offering free Wi-Fi, Alsisar Haveli has beautiful courtyards,lawns, and an outdoor pool with Spa and steam facilities.Rooms feature antique furniture and painted arches with modern amenities like air conditioning, complimentary bottled water, flat-screen TV and en suite bathrooms.Other facilities include a travel desk and laundry services.The restaurant at this hotel specialises in Indian cuisine but also caters to an international selection. The roof terrace offers pleasant views of Nahargarh Fort.The Cultural attractions of Hawa Mahal and City Palace along with several shops, cafes and restaurants can also be found nearby.Distance from Airport- 12 kms Distance from railway Station- 1.8 kms Distance from Bus Stand-800 meters ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip, Booking.com, Agoda, ClearTrip, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Yatra and TravelGuru so you can book your Alsisar Haveli - A Heritage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alsisar Haveli Hotel Jaipur
- Alsisar Haveli - A Heritage Hotel Jaipur, Rajasthan