We stayed here in January 2012, the haveli has a certain charm, nicely maintained etc but lacks a certain 'je ne sais quoi'... may be its the concept of a heritage/family property running as a hotel without any active family involvement front of house that fails to deliver the type of service you might expect from a family run business ... seems more like a mere business opportunity to me... this might explain the large number of tour groups we found staying here. Our room was nice and spacious and room rate included breakfast, which was ample and included good choice/selection. The restaurant in the evening only offered a buffet, which we had on our first night having arriving quite late, it was okay but nothing special and after that we ate elsewhere... Staff were friendly and polite so can't complain really, but I just felt the whole place lacked any soul and for the price didn't perhaps represent value for money. When we said this to our driver, who actually came from Jaipur he seemed to echo our sentiments in what he said about the place and seemed to grasp what we were saying about it lacking that something... dig a little deeper and I think you could find much better options.. we were very disappointed especially after reading such great reviews on TA. Also the room was very cold.. perhaps not surprising given the time of year we travelled - but they did provide a small fan heater and gave us extra blankets on request, but one thing I do recall instantly is the bed sheets felt very chalky may be over bleached or starched and were not nice to sleep on...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alsisar Haveli: This charming property in rajput architecture style, originally built in 1892 as a noblemans' home has now been converted to a heritage hotel.Alsisar Haveli is set 5 minutes' walk from the walled pink city and 2 minutes drive from MI Road, the business center of Jaipur. Offering free Wi-Fi, Alsisar Haveli has beautiful courtyards,lawns, and an outdoor pool with Spa and steam facilities.Rooms feature antique furniture and painted arches with modern amenities like air conditioning, complimentary bottled water, flat-screen TV and en suite bathrooms.Other facilities include a travel desk and laundry services.The restaurant at this hotel specialises in Indian cuisine but also caters to an international selection. The roof terrace offers pleasant views of Nahargarh Fort.The Cultural attractions of Hawa Mahal and City Palace along with several shops, cafes and restaurants can also be found nearby.Distance from Airport- 12 kms Distance from railway Station- 1.8 kms Distance from Bus Stand-800 meters ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, ClearTrip, MakeMyTrip, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and TravelGuru so you can book your Alsisar Haveli - A Heritage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alsisar Haveli Hotel Jaipur
- Alsisar Haveli - A Heritage Hotel Jaipur, Rajasthan