“very, very good place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Meghniwas
Ranked #8 of 368 Hotels in Jaipur
amsterdam
“very, very good place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We were here last February with 3 people, for 4 nights We have had a very good time during our stay. The service is very good, the atmosphere is quiet and friendly, the food (breakfast and diner) is excellent!!! It is a family run hotel; the family takes good care for their clients. It is easy to go to town. In front of he hotel you can take a rikshaw or taxi. When we will visit Jaipur again we are sure we will come back to this hotel! We loved it! Joke, Vera, Wil, Amsterdam

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank joke a
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ghaziabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

The property is a pretty one amidst a lot of other similar properties in that part of Jaipur (Bani Park). The rooms were very spacious and well laid out. There was a nice lawn to lounge around in and a swimming pool, which could be made good use of in the summer (we travelled in December). However, there were some sore points, the first being food- it was tasteless, lacklustre, staid and had no thought process behind it (the dinner buffet had fried rice with Indian curries). The a la carte service was also very slow. The other grouse that we had was when we asked for an extra blanket for our driver, they flatly refused us. Most hotels that we have stayed in around the country have provisions for driver's accommodation. While that might not be always possible, a blanket surely couldn't have hurt (in the biting cold of December). Also, while checking out, the billing was incorrect and the staff was totally confused when we pointed that out. This is by no means a slight on their behaviour as they were polite throughout. However, when you are running the ops of a hotel with some repute, more professionalism is expected

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wayne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

After a hectice six hour drive from Delhi on the last day of a ten day religious festival, I was ready for peace and quiet. I loved the large room with the desk where i caught up on my journal, and the balcony overlooking the pool. I sat on the balcony reading "India Treasures" by Gary Worthington and next to pool was a young man playing a Sitar - perfect background music for a great book. I had lunch and breakfast, which were fine. I read an earlier review about good coffee, so I asked at breakfast if they had brewed coffee and was given a plunger-style coffee maker - it was great! (they "plunged" it before serving it to me and it hadn't brewed enough, so they gave me another with the plunger up for me to control). This was a trip tacked on to work, so I was without my husband and found this a good place for a solo traveler. You feel as though you are in someone's lovely old home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have just spent another week at the Megniwas and thought I really must write a review. There is no other place I would rather stay in Jaipur and I plan to go again with my husband as soon as I can. Jaipur is a mad, noisy wonderful place so it it just lovely to go back to this hotel and enter the oasis of peace and tranquility of this hotel. The garden and pool area are enchanting. All the staff are so helpful and friendly and the head of the dining room has been there for over 30 years so he must enjoy his job - and he smiles a lot. The food is so good that I didn't go out to eat. Those in my group who did said the food was no better in the restaurants in the centre. They have great puddings too. They sell large bottles of Kingfisher beer which just hit the spot after a hard day's sight seeing. The rooms are large and comfortable and the bathrooms are spotless. Colonel and Mrs Singh are both charming and it's just fascinating hearing Colonel Singh relating stories of his time in the army. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank lulubet
Arrecife, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

A beautiful hotel, Largest bedroom and shower room we have ever seen. Superb food. Very friendly staff. This is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. OK I am not Michael Winner but I would like to come back again and again.

Room Tip: Try rooms overlooking pool they are quieter.