This could be a lovely hotel with some management changes.
This hotel is only interested in tour groups.
The reception staff were surly at best. On check in the reception staff were only just polite.
I questioned a problem with the wifi I had bought [no fee wifii as in many hotels of this price range have] and they snapped at me and told me it was my problem !!! [Great customer service NOT]
There are actually 2 restaurants at the hotel, but the staff dont mention the small Indian restaurant in a corner of the garden. It was the best thing about the place. It was quite and the food was lovely as were the staff.
We went to the main restaurant for lunch and there was a squabble between the staff who was going to serve us. The staff really need to be sorted out. The waiting staff only JUST do their job.
Housekeeping went to lunch after servicing our room and left the key on a chair outside the room. Reception staff didn't know where the key was [I found it] When I asked the housekeeping person why he left it there he said he wanted his lunch. he had no idea of the implications. The [I presume] housekeeping manager in a very tatty uniform came to see what the problem was and he didn't get it either, but made a very quirt apology.
It was too cold to swim, but even though there are nets over the pool it was filled with dirty pigeons and those that weren't in the pool were sitting on the netting [one with its leg caught. it lived for the 2 days we were there] above. Nice looking pool but not clean.
The room was OK if basic and the shower was good.
I read on other reviews the negative comments about the reception staff and still it hasn't improved. poor management I would suggest.
Best part was leaving and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the Jaipur style of architecture with numerous pillars and arches the Haveli is located in the heart of Jaipur City on Sansar Chandra Road. The hotel combines old world charm with the best of present day facilities. There are 70 well-appointed rooms with intricately carved wooden beds; historic photographs and king-sized royal portraits. There are pleasant courtyards,a swimming pool, lawns and terraces with a view of the splendid Nahargarh Fort. It has a beautiful dining hall overlooking one of the terraces. Candlelight dinners can be organised on the rooftop on request.An intimate restaurant opening into the garden offers an a la carte menu serving Indian food with an emphasis on Rajasthani cuisineThe hotel offers special arrangements for gala evenings of folk dances, music and puppet shows,traditional welcome with tilak and garlands, Rajasthani lunch and dinner and sightseeing trips to Amber Fort, Nahargarh Fort,The City Palace and The Jantar Mantar.Friendly, charming service and attention to detail pamper discerning travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Stayzilla, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and TravelGuru so you can book your Mandawa Haveli Jaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandawa Haveli Jaipur Hotel Jaipur
- Mandawa Haveli Hotel
- Mandawa Hotel
- Mandawa Haveli Jaipur Rajasthan