“Decent property”

Ranked #7 of 382 Hotels in Jaipur
Mumbai, India
“Decent property”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The palace is very beautiful but not kep that well. The lawns are nice & well manucured, etc. The rooms are also not that great & seem to be old. The food is very good & priced reasonbally. But the shocking part was that we went to Rambaug palace for a drink & found that the liquir prices here were cheaper compared to the Jai mahal bar prices even though Rambaug is a much better & more expensive property. Disappointed with this Taj property.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Jaimahal, General Manager at Taj Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur, responded to this review, 24 August 2012

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

We have noted your valuable inputs to improve various aspects of our operations and shall certainly work towards the same.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Jai Mahal Palace and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Deepak Cedric Menezes
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The property is huge. with nice spread of gardens.. As you enter the property , u get polarized with the beauty of the property.

However , few points , the buffet b'fast is good .. not an excellent one.. with limited choices..

Also did dining in reastaurant cinnamon.. nice food there , but the sitting arrangement is cramped...

overall good property to stay in..

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RGBE

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

We have noted your suggestions to improve our buffet food and Cinnamon Restaurant. Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Boston,MA
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This review is long overdue but more than a year after I booked a 3-night stay for my parents at Hotel Jai Mahal Palace, they still talk very fondly about how amazing their stay was and when the splendor of Jai Mahal Palace came up once again at the dinner table tonight, I decided that I deserve to let my fellow travelers know about it. The hotel has some of the most lavish and beautiful grounds and rooms. The amenities are luxurious, as various other reviewers have pointed out as well. You are welcomed warmly with a little garland ceremony. I had wanted this trip to be an all expenses paid trip for my wonderful parents and had requested the staff at the hotel to do everything possible to do that and I can safely say that they went above and beyond what any hotel anywhere in the world would do to make their trip special.

Some of the examples of this ... they allowed early check in at 8:30am instead of 12pm just because the train arrived earlier than expected. Similarly, they allowed a late check out at 4pm, again to make it more convenient for my parents. Last but not the least, they actually gave complimentary alcoholic drinks with dinner just to make the trip extra special.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit India and wants a true glimpse of the lavish Rajasthani (and Indian) hospitality and also wants the best of the East and the West. I will definitely be staying a lot more at the Taj group when I visit India the next time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bohemianguy2001
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your precious time to share the feedback of your Parents stay experience at Jai Mahal Palace.

I am pleased to note that your parents had a memorable stay with us. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

I look forward to a fruitful association with you and eagerly look forward to your next visit to Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur. Please convey our warm regards to your Parents.

toronto
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel was amazing! we had an amazing experience with friendly staff and good food. the night entertainment was okay, although it was probably because we visited the hotel in the off season. reception was extremely friendly, and the property itself was beautiful! we especially appreciated the fact that on their menu, they stated that they used MSG in some of their foods, and we were able to ask for it to be removed. overall, it was a unique experience!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and encouraging feedback. I have passed on your comments and also to our hotel team members.

I am delighted to learn that you had an amazing experience at Jai Mahal Palace. I look forward to a fruitful association with you and eagerly look forward to your next visit to Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur.

St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This hotel was the HIGHLIGHT of my India trip. Definitely 5 star and worth every penny. Staying here made me feel like I was a visiting British princess from the late 1800s. The ambiance was amazing, the food was good, and the service was excellent. The hotel room itself was luxurious with fantastic amenities, etc. Great turndown service (with free mango and bottled water left bedside each night).

The free breakfast was good - not a ton of choices for a buffet - but overall, good for a free meal. The pool was amazing, and the pool service was luxurious (free bottle of water, rose water spritzer, towel, swim googles, sun screen, etc.). I felt really spoiled here.

The spa was the only disappointment - found the services to be lacking compared what I'm used to. My eyes were burning from having facial exfoliant rubbed in, and the 1.5 hour massage was only 70 minutes.

When I complained about the lack-luster massage at the time of checking out of the hotel, I was disappointed. It took a bit too long to get credited for the massage (60 minute vs. 90 minute). Also, I was overcharged on the wifi; this was never reimbursed which also annoyed me. I thought the wifi was free, as it never asked for a charge on the website, and when logging onto two devices, ended up getting a total of 5 charges for 3 days. Bit annoyed by being overcharged and having to fight to get good customer service at the front desk upon checking out (took 10 minutes to check with a manager, etc.); keep in mind the customer is always right!

That said, still loved it and would love to go back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Jaimahal, General Manager at Taj Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur, responded to this review, 29 August 2012

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

We have noted your feedback in detail particularly with regard to SPA and Wi-fi for our consideration and we shall certainly work upon the same .

Thank you once again and we look forward to showcase our hospitality once again during your next visit to us !!