This hotel was the HIGHLIGHT of my India trip. Definitely 5 star and worth every penny. Staying here made me feel like I was a visiting British princess from the late 1800s. The ambiance was amazing, the food was good, and the service was excellent. The hotel room itself was luxurious with fantastic amenities, etc. Great turndown service (with free mango and bottled water left bedside each night).
The free breakfast was good - not a ton of choices for a buffet - but overall, good for a free meal. The pool was amazing, and the pool service was luxurious (free bottle of water, rose water spritzer, towel, swim googles, sun screen, etc.). I felt really spoiled here.
The spa was the only disappointment - found the services to be lacking compared what I'm used to. My eyes were burning from having facial exfoliant rubbed in, and the 1.5 hour massage was only 70 minutes.
When I complained about the lack-luster massage at the time of checking out of the hotel, I was disappointed. It took a bit too long to get credited for the massage (60 minute vs. 90 minute). Also, I was overcharged on the wifi; this was never reimbursed which also annoyed me. I thought the wifi was free, as it never asked for a charge on the website, and when logging onto two devices, ended up getting a total of 5 charges for 3 days. Bit annoyed by being overcharged and having to fight to get good customer service at the front desk upon checking out (took 10 minutes to check with a manager, etc.); keep in mind the customer is always right!
That said, still loved it and would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the main shopping centre and historical monuments, Jai Mahal Palace is ideal for exploring the fascinating city of Jaipur. The majestic palace, a vast complex of regal rooms, pretty pavilions and charming colonnades set amidst 18 acres of landscaped gardens, traces its origins to 1745. The heritage palace has been painstakingly restored and recently refurbished to offer guests the exclusive experience of a royal lifestyle complemented by legendary Taj hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, DerbySoftTaj, MakeMyTrip, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ClearTrip, TravelGuru, Yatra and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Jai Mahal Palace
- Jai Mahal Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Taj Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur Rajasthan