This lovely hotel was a former maharaja's palace, on 18 acres, I believe..it is an amazingly beautiful palace, with marble arches and beautiful large dining rooms and hallways, and public areas, with gorgeous rolling lawns and gardens, and a panoramic view of the grounds..The staff was friendly, welcoming, and so gracious...the women beautifully attired in saris with always lovely smiles...the room was great, with every amenity...the dining room was a pleasure to visit, and here we discovered one of India's great delicacies - baked yogurt!
This lovely hotel redefines graciousness, as only the Indians know how to present it...with so much grace that it was hard to say goodbye!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the main shopping centre and historical monuments, Jai Mahal Palace is ideal for exploring the fascinating city of Jaipur. The majestic palace, a vast complex of regal rooms, pretty pavilions and charming colonnades set amidst 18 acres of landscaped gardens, traces its origins to 1745. The heritage palace has been painstakingly restored and recently refurbished to offer guests the exclusive experience of a royal lifestyle complemented by legendary Taj hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, ClearTrip and DerbySoftTaj so you can book your Jai Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Jai Mahal Palace
- Jai Mahal Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur, Rajasthan