I really wanted to like this property more. The aesthetics of the place are wonderful. It has the look of the type of place I wanted to stay on this trip - old, with a bit of character. However, it just is not comfortable. The bed was adequate, but the sheets and towels are rough. The sofa and chairs in the room speak to back to the "heritage" style and look the part, but they are extremely uncomfortable. Since the same style runs throughout the lounge areas of the hotel, there is no place to comfortably relax after a long day of touring the region; something you need after the bustle of Jaipur. The food is okay; you're not going to get sick, but it's a little boring. The bar could be charming if it weren't so cramped. It's in a good (but not great) location. It is a fine (as in okay) choice as long as you know what your are getting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The traditional Rajput architecture, a mixture of Mughal and Indian, a facade with domes and frescoes. The house is a very fine example of Shekhawati frescoes and architecture. The family portraits, which add to the charm of this family hotel where tradition still runs strong. Like many historic houses, Shahpura House is a curious mixture of the old and the new. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, TravelGuru, Yatra, MakeMyTrip, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your Shahpura House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shahpura House Hotel Jaipur
- Shahpura House Jaipur, Rajasthan