“Majestic palace, luxury and beauty amidst the bustle of Jaipur”
Review of Rambagh Palace

Rambagh Palace
Ranked #3 of 389 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Had the most incredible three days at the Rambagh Palace. The Golden Triangle area is filled with contrast - unimaginable luxury and poverty, so my husband and I were exhausted physically and mentally when we arrived in Jaipur. Entering the gates of the Rambagh Palace was like entering the gates of heaven. Everything about this place is magical - the staff are warm, friendly and helpful; the room was gorgeous and very comfortable; the grounds are stunning; the gym/spa was serene; and the chef makes the most incredible food from all the regions of India. You'll need three days here to fully appreciate the majesty of the Rambagh. I recommend the horse-drawn carriage ride around the property. I also highly recommend getting to know the restaurant staff as they went far out of their way to prepare meals for us and make our stay special.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenntabb
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Rambagh Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Rambagh Palace and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Satyajeet Krishnan

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I traveled to this hotel on my first trip to India--for my birthday.

The staff is beyodn attentive. I stepped off the plane in Jaipur and was greeted by a hotel butler who escorted me to my car where a hotel footman and driver, both in impeccable uniforms, in a Jaguar sedan drove me to the hotel. On the way there I explained that the airline has lost my luggage and that it wouldn't arrive for several days--they took me shopping to several malls in the area. The hotel's rep took me from shop to shop.

After three hours of shopping we went to the hotel where I was literally showered in flower petals from above and immediately escorted to my room. Check-in wasn't done in the lobby, it was done in the room. This is just the start... The room itself was glorious and has museum-quality furniture and antiques.

If there is one word to describe this hotel it is: SERVICE. Not to mention luxury, safety, elegance, exclusivity. I cannot list enough adjectives of superlatives to describe this place. Beyond the rooms, which are outlandish yet tasteful, the rest of this real-life palace is simply superb. The grounds are perfectly manicured and the spa area is out of a Hollywood movie set.

I had a yoga instructor, personal masseur, several butlers and footmen at my disposal, a hotel palm-reader, driver, the list of staff is endless... every member of the hotel staff greeted me by last name and asked with a genuine smile how I was doing and immediately addressed any concern I would have.

I'm telling you: if you have not lived like a Maharajah and been treated like a Prince then please do yourself the favor of shelling out the $700 I did per night and you will realize you won't even want to leave the hotel grounds. You will never forget it.

The food is adequate. They have three restaurants and I stuck to Indian food which was fine. Not a michelin-star restaurant but compared to fare nearby or at fancy restaurants I find India in general to be somewhat wanting.

I will definitely be going back to this Palace and next time I want to bring 8 members of my family so that they can experience the magic of living like an Indian nobleman.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Curzio M
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Former palace set in immaculately-kept grounds with vintage cars, an old steam train, peacocks and other birds, patrolling horsemen and lots more to amuse and impress. For a special occasion e.g. honeymoon you can even order a royal reception with elephants, camels and dancers. Rooms are equally impressive. Ours had superb view onto gardens. Stylish bathroom, though getting in and out of bath might be a problem for anyone with limited agility.
Service is very good. After a couple of minor problems on the first day of our visit the staff pulled out all the stops to make sure the rest of our stay was perfect.
There are two pools indoor and outdoor. The indoor one is larger and in a spectacular hall, but it is unheated and just to cold even for a fairly hardy Briton like me.
The extensive grounds mean the the rooms are quiet, though the noises of the city can't be completely excluded.

Room Tip: One looking onto garden.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pra51
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Rambagh Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear Sir,

We thank you for the feedback which although not necessarily pleasant for us is absolutely invaluable as it ensures that we not only become aware but are being proactive in addressing our guests concerns.

We are concerned regarding the shortcomings during your stay, which are being taken up with the concerned departments in order to take corrective measures for the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Apart from not allowing us to have an extra bed for our 9 year old son in our room like all other hotel we've been during this trip, our stay was more than excellent. We had to book two rooms but we were upgraded to a Heritage Suite and connecting room, we end up having more than 100 m2 of room!

The hotel is an old palace of the local maharajahs and is worth a visit by itself. Reception with guided tour ending with welcome glass of champagne is just brilliant. Having a receptionist take our son around for a tour in horse cart and vintage car was just over the top.

The fine dining Indian restaurant served us the best Indian food we ever had (and we had a lot).

Staff is always friendly and helpful; drinks and food prices are similar to same level hotels.

By a long way the best hotel we've been to in our 12 days in India this year.

Room Tip: Heritage rooms are brilliant and big, heritage suites are huge. Must try the fine dining restaura...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Rambagh Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back at Rambagh Palace in the near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

The bar at this hotel is one of those places you want to chill and drink g and ts.The waiter here was first class(sorry I don't know his name because he got our best waiter vote!)
The service at this hotel is outstanding with one exception, afternoon tea when we were served
by a really surly inefficient bunch.
The rooms are tastefully decked out.although rooms in the inner courtyard area have windows that look out onto the albeit beautiful corridors,but you would need to keep the curtains closed for any privacy.We were upgraded to a beautiful suite for our last night(and it looks like some of the actual named suites would be mega).
The hotel reception is filled with rose petals and smelt divine and we were each presented with jasmine garlands on our arrival.One of the restaurants is the most opulent room I've ever dined in.

Room Tip: If you can afford it one of the named suites
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.