“Feel better than good...”
Review of Rambagh Palace

Rambagh Palace
Ranked #3 of 393 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 26 January 2012

On several occasions I was priviledged to enjoy the hospitality of this magnificient heritage palace hotel in Jaipur. Walking along the pathway from the gate through the park you'll be greeted by guardians in old uniforms and free range peacocks - unless you're driven in the Ford convertible of 1936 or by a horse carriage. Impeccable service, friendly but never overbearing.
If you can't afford to stay at the hotel I suggest you go there for high tea around 4.30pm. An experience you won't forget for the rest of your life: as the sun sets hundreds of candles are lit in glass bowls filled with water and rose petals.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank solid_smile

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Every positive review mentioned prior is spot on but could even be embelished because the experience my wife and I had could not have been better. We were treated like we were royal and EVERY single need was accomidated and then some. We were on our honeymoon and received a considerable upgrade to a royal suite which was as lavish as one could imagine. It has been reviewed already so I will just say I felt like a king and the turndown service... we got back to our room to find silk sheets, rose pedals on our warm bubble bath, a box of intimate lotions and a kama sutra book :-) WOW

The food was the best, the buffet was of the highest quality and was just a beautiful spread of assorted goodness. We ate dinner in the old train and had delicious american food for a change as this is the place for indian food. We had wood fired pizza and jalapeño poppers and they were both, perfect.

Special recognition to Ajay Sherma the Manager and just was incredible. Anil Kumar the housekeeper who does magical things with flower pedal arrangements on the floor. Gajraj Singh the assistant manager in room dining who brought us a delicious chocolate cake and a huge bouquet of roses for our honeymoon. Gora Chand Das the asst. restaurant manager who knew we had a long drive and gave us a delicious box lunch and 2 large bottles of water. Thank you to anybody I missed because you all were the absolute best!

Also thank you for not letting in the guy below as he just sounds like someone who just doesn't belong.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sweatrz
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The facility is beautiful. The rooms feel like a palace. The service is exceptional. The only caution that I would provide is that if you stay at this hotel, don't spend all your time working or sight-seeing somewhere else. Spend time at the hotel and live like a Maharaja for a day or so.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rhctraveler
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The Rambagh Palace is a truly special hotel. The grounds are huge and the old maharaja palace is so opulent that it would be next to impossible to create anything like this today. We were welcomed very warmly and showered with rose pedals and jasmine. The Rambagh Palace is a truly special hotel. The grounds are huge and the old maharaja palace is so opulent that it would be next to impossible to create anything like this today. We were welcomed very warmly and showered with rose pedals and jasmine. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience. Best Experience.Best Experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank krrissh111
Reviewed 24 January 2012

On our visit to Jaipur last week, we decided to go to the Rambagh palace for dinner, since we were staying at Sheraton, and since this being a quick and first trip, and few close friends from NY said some really good things to go check it out even though we were not staying. Anyways, long story short, we were turned down a table at any of the 2 indoor restaurants by a short heighted hostess ( cant remember her name ) citing restaurant is fully occupied. The first thing she had asked me was " Sir are you the guest at the hotel ? " to which my response was no since we were already staying at Sheraton. We were only 3 people and both the restaurants looked half empty, I requested her if she could squeeze us in and if she could talk to her manager, but with a smile we were turned down and were told she is the manager and she cannot do anything about it.
I dont know why, but it all did seem weird, since 4 local ladies who were ahead of us also walked out before us. I got a bit inquisitive and to take the matter in my own hands, I decided to talk to them and asked if they too were turned down. There response surprised me and basically they were told by the same lady to wait 15 mins, but since they didn't had time they decided to go somewhere else.
So, I could'nt understand the real logic behind the hostess turning us down and giving them a table after 15 mins. We could had waited too -
- Why were the 4 ladies told they could get a table and we were told "NO"
- Me and my other 2 guests were very well dressed for a dinner. I have never ever been turned down in US before ( for ex. any of the biggest lounge's / nightclubs / hotel's in NYC where jackets and good dress shoe's are a must. I have been a regular at Pierre Hotel, also a Taj property, where a lot of south asian / Indian fundraisers and event's are hosted )

I am by no mean a racist, but it seemed to me that us been brown might had been the case ? Perhaps the hostess viewed us as "Average Indians" who might not be giving them as much business as "foreigners" ? Highly disppointed and felt insulted. Makes me feel I should never give any business to any Taj hotels from now on !!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family