“The Perfect Stay!”

Trident, Jaipur
Ranked #15 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
“The Perfect Stay!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We had been to Trident Jaipur last week with our 2 yr old daughter for celebrating her birthday there. The location of Trident, Jaipur is ideal if you are going there by road. You don't have to enter the city busy lanes to reach it as it is conveniently located near the entrance of the city. It is approx 15 mins drive from the local city attractions like Hawa Mahal, City palace and Jantar Mantar. The view from the hotel is also very good as it is situated opposite to Jal Mahal.
The main attraction of jaipur Amer Fort is also 10 mins drive from the hotel.
The staff at the hotel was extremely polite and considerate. The hotel chefs personally asked us if they could prepare anything special for our 2 yr old. When we requested the hotel staff to decorate our room a little and provide us a cake for our daughter's birthday they did so as a complimentary gesture.
They even provide a list of local attractions, their visit timings and ticket prices which come handy while planning your day.
Overall a very nice experience, I would definitely recommend it.
P.S. The pool area and the folk singers in the hotel were great. :)

Room Tip: Please ask for the Lake View room , it's worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
JaipurTridentJaipur, General Manager at Trident, Jaipur, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Trident Jaipur on Trip Advisor. We are indeed grateful for the words of praise and look forward to having you and your family return.

Prashant Gupta
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (798)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Good hospitality, in the pink city. when ever I visited Jaipur for Marble products, stayed here and clean atmosphere, good structure made me to enjoy the Rajasthani local Ambience

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
JaipurTridentJaipur, General Manager at Trident, Jaipur, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip advisor.

We are pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered. Your feedback has been shared with the entire team. Whilst it has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service; it is feedback such as yours that inspires the team to strive to perform better

We look forward to having you back.

Best Regards.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Booked a 3 night Trident Holiday package from 9 July - 12 July 2012 with the 3rd night at 50% price. But, most amazingly, Trident gave us a 2nd inter-connected room for our 2 boys aged 3 and 4 ABSOLUTELY FREE! Believe me it was AWESOME to have 2 inter-connected rooms in a 5-star hotel, with one of them ABSOLUTELY FREE! Thank you Trident!

Prior to checking-in, we rang the hotel from the highway (we were driving down from Gurgaon) and asked for directions. Were told that once we reached Amer, we should keep coming straight, which we did. Except, that we ended up in Jaipur city. Instead, should have been told to turn right onto Amer Road and then keep coming straight. But, that's Indian directions for you. This stuff up caused us a delay of over 30 minutes to reach the hotel. And, having driven for about 4 hours with 2 toddlers in the back of the car, I was really pissed off by the time I finally reached the hotel. And, I had totally wound myself to rip into the guy who 'helped us'.

But, was I in for a shock at the hotel or what?

As soon as I parked the car and entered the hotel doors, a lovely young lady met us at the door with one of the warmest smiles I've seen. She was holding a thali with rose petals and tilak, which she applied to each of our foreheads and said the magic words - Welcome to Trident Jaipur. Thank you for coming.'

Being an Indian myself and being associated with the 5-star hotel industry for nearly 40 years, I was gob-smacked by her sincerity and the genuineness of her tone. All my prepared speech to rip into the direction man was gone in a nano second. I truly felt welcomed in every respect!

Check-in was not just awesome, it was Super Awesome! Seeing we had 2 kids and looked a bit tired after our drive from Gurgaon, they took us and our luggage straight to our rooms. And, once we'd settled in with a welcome drink each, then they completed our check-in.

Thats right - we checked-in to the hotel only after we had checked-in to our rooms! Isn't that fabulous.

Even then, being the sceptic that I am, I wasn't convinced that this level of service was genuine. After all, which 5-star hotel offers genuine service. Usually, its the bare minimum that's required with a cheesy smile and left hand at half poise expecting a tip even for the tasks that the staff are paid for.

Was I about to be surprised?

I had heard of the legendary Oberoi service. But, this being my first interaction with them in my capacity as a guest, to say I was bowled over is a gross understatement!

The examples of their exemplary service were all around us. Each time, every time.

Whether it was the durban at the gate, the lady who welcomed us with the tilak, the front office guy who checked us in from our room, the kitchen and service staff at Jal Mahal restaurant, the house keeping staff, room service, the wonderful ladies at the Kids Club where our kids planted themselves firmly for the entire trip, the swimming pool - you get the point.

In each interaction that we had with the awesome Trident Jaipur staff, we were greeted with a namaste with a slight bow accompanied by genuine smiles. I mean come on! I don't even get greeted like that by my family and friends!

And, to do all this, they don't even levy a service charge. Also, they seriously discourage individual gratuity (tipping). Instead, they request that you place the gratuity amount that you consider approprite in an sealed envelope and hand it over to reception at check-out.

I mean - seriously - is this customer service in its truest sense or what!

The Service is NOT 5-Star. It is TEN STAR SERVICE!

The hotel itself is a wonderful property. The rooms are perfectly sized and both our rooms even had a 2-seater sofa each apart from the writing desk. Perfect for drinking tea and the kids to play their board games etc without jumping on the beds.

Food - awesome! Our plan included breakfast and another major meal daily. But, we were so rapt with the hotel, that instead of going out for the other major meal and experiencing Jaipur city, we decided to remain in the hotel, experience it and its wonderful people, even though it meant paying for the other major meal. And, major meals in 5-stars don't come cheap! But, the food was totally worth it.

When I ordered tenderloin cooked medium rare, I expected to have to send it back. But, presto - when Chef Pallavi cooked it, I couldn't believe that I was looking at a perfect medium rare tenderloin cooked to the perfect shade of pink. Any kitchen that can prepare a perfect medium rare tenderloin steak, gets my unconditional respect. And, did I mention the mustard jus with the steak? Mmmmm.....

The breakfast buffets were not just sumptuous. They were ROYAL!

For those wondering how your kids will go at the hotel, just stop now! Seriously, just stop thinking about their welfare.

The Kids Club is AWESOME! My boys used to be there from breakfast to lunch. Return for lunch to the restaurant. Then disappear again after lunch till swim time at about 5.30pm. The ladies - Madhavi and Nidhi - are truly wonderful with kids and possess the genuine desire and skills to make children feel at home!

I can go on and on with this review! Seriously, just go to the hotel and try it out for yourself.

Believe me, you will not come back disappointed. And, while you are there and if you have a few spare moments, see if you can meet with Prashant Gupta - the General Manager. The guy is great and has made looking after his guests and their needs his personal mission! Thank you Mr Gupta! Thank you Sir!

After this stay, my wife and I have decided that we MUST go to the Trident Jaipur at least once every 6 months.

Like the L'Oreal ad says: 'Because we are worth it.' But, I would like to say 'So is Trident Jaipur'

Thank you guys! You really gave us memories to cherish that are far more precious than any money it cost us to be there!

God Bless You!

Room Tip: Its worth paying the little extra for the upper floor Lake facing rooms! The view and vista are just...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to update an excellent Trip advisor review about your recent stay at the hotel . It is really inspiring to read positive words as yours that motivate us to do our best every day .
I am grateful for the same and the team at Trident Jaipur is thrilled that they were able to make your stay special .
We are also thankful for the feedback in regard to the kids club and the Chefs .

We hope we have an opportunity to serve you again.

London
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Fantastic View of the lake (make sure you ask for the view) good hotel, good location and staff are great.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip Advisor and your lovely review. We are indeed grateful to you for sharing the same .
Whilst we aspire to exceed every guests expectations ; it is feedback of guests such as yourself that encourages us to do more .
We look forward to having you back in the winters.
new delhi
Reviewed 11 July 2012

A lovely hotel with excellent staff, very polite and very helpful. The rooms were comfortable, but the air conditioning was not as cold as it should have been. Over all a very pleasant and good experience.
The pool is lovely apart from the stairs into the pool which are very slippery and not at all practical! - I hurt my toe quite badly and 2 weeks on its still swollen and painful. Hotels need proper staircases to go into the pool not the tube kind of ones.

Room Tip: rooms towards the front have a better view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ukpnewdelhi
, General Manager at Trident, Jaipur, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to update Trip Advisor and sharing your insightful feedback.
I do apologize for the in convenience you suffered during your stay and has been addressed to the respective teams .
I can assure you that this feedback is being addressed with the seriousness it deserves .

I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again and can assure you of a memorable stay.