the only reason I booked to stay here during the Jaipur Literature Festival is because they are under the same umbrella as Lemon Tree Hotels.. and I have always loved lemon tree hospitality and experience.. alas.. wish i had stayed at a lemon tree instead!!
Red Fox was a disaster right from the start:
1. Check-in: We reached there around mid-night, extremely tired and were the only people checking in at that time.. any guesses how much time they took to give us the key (when online booking was already confirmed) - 30+ minutes - without even a courteous glass of water.
2. Don't honor their commitment: I booked online at hotels.com and paid for a king size bed room.. we were offered a twin bed room instead, without any prior notification/ apology/ explanation/ refund.
3. The STAFF: is trained to be IMPOLITE, RUDE, OVER SMART, INSENSITIVE and they think the guests are complete idiots. No one came to drop us to our room and explain to us where is what.
4. Front Desk: You can call and call and call.. they won't pick up.. when they do.. they won't say a single word of sorry to keep you waiting.. instead when you ask them why your phone wasn't answered for so long, you'll get stupid excuses (remember - they think you are an idiot)
5. THE ROOM ITSELF: has no cupboard/ basic amenities like slippers. They say they are a budget hotel but in reality come across as plain jerks.. by not providing anything in the refrigerator (when they can charge separately for it like others), the coffee supply is limited to two Rs 1 pouches.. and what if you like your coffee strong?? call the front desk.. which will never be answered.
The funniest thing i saw in this budget hotel is that they can't spare any toiletries for the guests (come on, of all the things, you are trying to save on 10 ml moisturizers!!) Imagine the frustration of finally entering your room at 1 am and seeing a sign that "toothpaste is available at a nominal charge at front desk" (yeah! pic attached).. don't even guess "nominal". Shampoo is put in a dispenser with the smallest possible hole.. you'll have to press it atleast 20 times before you have the same quantity as a Rs 2 pouch!
They don't believe in providing newspaper at your room in the morning.
6. BREAKFAST Buffet: both mornings.. breakfast was cold, bland and the dishes weren't made like how you'd have known them otherwise. Again the staff will blow you off by not even getting you a cup of tea/ coffee. They'll promise you they'll get it and when after waiting for 15 mins, you try to get it yourself, they'll just look at you.. again.. not a single sign of apology.
7. Literature Festival Help Desk: by this time you have already given up on expecting any help from the hotel but hey! they have setup a nice help desk for jaipur lit fest.. (pic attached) two chairs and white table cloth with a placard and THAT'S ALL. An unmanned desk with no maps/ papers/ festival timetable.. really what help were you thinking of giving??
8. Check Out: Takes forever again.. and when asked about it, the reception guy tells us - "we are sold out.. we didn't prepare for this.. there are only two bell boys"!! Can you believe it!
Serves them well.. in some time, the no. of guests to Red Fox will surely decline and then they can serve them the way they "prepared for"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the commercial area of Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg in Jaipur, the Red Fox Hotel is just a short walk from corporate offices like GENPACT, Infosys, Fortis Hospital and the World Trade Park. The hotel offers 183 air-conditioned rooms, business, meeting and fitness facilities as well as Clever Fox Café, a casual-dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ClearTrip, TripOnline SA, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, TravelGuru, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Fox Hotel Jaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Fox Hotel Jaipur Rajasthan