“sweet memory in Moonlight”

Hotel Moon Light Palace
Ranked #33 of 393 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend here in Honeymoon room. It was fantastic room with beautiful decorated room with curtains. The staff is so helpful specially Naim Bhai. He is always give you the right advise and help you to organise taxi for sight seen or even Rajasthan Tour. we had great tour with his company for 2 weeks in rajasthan-agra and delhi. such a trained and friendly driver.
They have beautiful and amazing roof top restaurant with best nepali cook. mostly i miss the chance to stay at rooftop because i love my room :). at night we seen puppet show and folk music on roof top was extra arrangement. Free pickup, chai, and free wifi was great complimentary.
Thanks to Mr. Naim bhai and his staff.

Room Tip: ask for sweet honeymoon room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
14  Thank AAsharaph
HotelMoonLightPalace, Manager at Hotel Moon Light Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Greetings from all of us here at Hotel Moon Light Palace Jaipur.

First of all we want to thank you for staying at our place and for taking your time to write a comment on TripAdvisor and for the kind words.
All of us here are glad you liked our services and i really thank you once again for right about our roof top restaurant .
your review will encourage us our staff to give our best effort for make our client trip very happy.We will try to give our best service to each and every guest.

Jaipur is a Lovely city with many things to see and sights to see! All of us welcome you,

We hope whenever you come again to Jaipur, you will give to us again to provide excellent service.

Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

Staying at the Moonlight Palace Hotel has been an absolute pleasure. The rooms were clean, hot water, a/c in every room and the staff extremely friendly and helpful.

There was a complementary pickup from the busstation and everything was just smooth sailing from there. Room service is top notch and the food very tasty. Especially try the vegetarian spring rolls.

The owner invited us to his home for the end of Ramadan and we were treated with some delicacies to celebrate this occasion. He is a very hardworking man that keeps his hotel in tiptop shape.

We decided to go with a driver arranged through the hotel and for 700 rupees we were taken everywhere. No hassle with tuktuks and a great guy to tell you about the history of the different places you visit. When we needed to go to an ATM to pick up some cash to pay for the rooms the owner insisted we were to be driven there. Even though it was just around the corner.

The location is a bit out of the way, but through the hotel you can make sure to get a good deal on a rickshaw to get you where you need to go.

This place should be top-rated in the lonely planet.

• Stayed: August 2012
14  Thank Dazzer23

Reviewed 8 August 2012

This place was pretty great for us. It was very new, nice, clean, inexpensive, and comfortable. They have a fantastic restaurant with room service. The staff was very helpful to us, with just one down fall. When I booked a room, they sent a confirmation email and said they would have a driver at the train station waiting to pick us up, but that didn't happen. It wasn't hard to find another driver, just a little inconvenient. But all in all, the staff was very attentive to our needs, they were very friendly, and the price is unbeatable for everything you get. I would absolutely recommend this place for Jaipur visits.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
18  Thank Leighann M

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My friend and I traveled to Jaipur for a short weekend trip. We took the bus from Delhi and got into the Jaipur bus station around 1AM, where the Hotel Moonlight Palace had confirmed that they would pick us up. I called the hotel to ask where the driver was, and no one picked up until the sixth time I called them. They informed me that they did not do pick up after midnight. That is fine ... I understand that it was a late arrival, but they had confirmed multiple times that they would pick us up (we even saw "1AM Pickup" written under our name in the reservation book at the front desk.) After getting a far too expensive rickshaw to the hotel (it is far removed from the city and extremely difficult to find - no rickshaw drivers know where it is) we arrived at the hotel which was locked. We banged on the door and called until ten minutes later, someone finally showed up. When I gave them my email booking confirmation, they looked baffled and took twenty minutes to get us a key. They put us in a room, where my friend and I unpacked and settled in. A man came ten minutes later telling us that he had put us in a more expensive room by accident and that he needed us to move. By now, it was 2 AM and we had already unpacked, so we begged him to let us stay in the room for the night and then move during the day, but he insisted that we would be charged extra. We packed up and were relocated to a room in the basement with a shared bathroom and a squat toilet. I am all for cheap traveling, and have stayed at my fair share of grimy hostels etc, but I was a little surprised by this.
Other than this experience, our time was relatively fine. The service at the restaurant is incredibly slow, but the food is pretty good and there is a nice view. The people at the front desk were very helpful for the most part, but that experience from the first night was really an unnecessary hassle and put the hotel in a negative light for me.

Room Tip: Basement rooms have shared bathroom with squat toilet and lots of fun bugs. Might be worth it to spe...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
13  Thank reesehauen
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

I booked for the cheapest room by email and got its confirmation, but when I arrived at the hotel 10pm, they told me that this room was not available and they would give me another expensive room with some discount. To me it was still expensive though and I found it unprofessional as my booking was already confirmed. However, they told me that the cheaper room could be available next day and i could move in. I had no choice other than staying in this expensive room in that night as it was 10pm.
Next day the cheaper room was not still available ( I ended up with staying in this expensive room for 3 nights).
When I was checking out, they even insisted me to pay 2 nights with expensive room's price even though it was totally their fault of double booking.
Shame as the hotel itself was new, clean and beautiful with free wifi and a nice roof top restaurent...

• Stayed: July 2012